Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Physics 2008 - HSN forum

Higher Physics 2008

9 replies to this topic

#1 RoCkChiCk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:38 PM

I thought it was easier than the years before,
how did everyone else find it ???

#2 x DawK x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

Yeah i thought it was pretty easy, no overly complicated questions. Was a bit dissapointed that there were'nt any E = MC^2 questions =/

#3 specofdust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:43 PM

It was ok. The early question asking something like what force is exerted in paralell to the 240N force shown utterly confused me and put me in a foul mood for a few more questions - but for the most part the questions were fairly simple and easy. Felt like there were a lot of three markers which were just given to you, so long as you knew how to work the formulae.

Here's hoping for an A.

#4 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

Good paper strange there was no projectiles or momentum questions in the second half. Guess we can say what will defo be in next years paper now lol.

I'm praying for my B I think I did it, and I was just so happy there were alot of theory questions in it.

Most of the stuff I thought that was going to come up didn't but what the hell was that op amp questions about!
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#5 rosie08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

I thought it was a fair paper - mostly quite simple which was pleasant! So hopefully I will get the A I want.
What was the op amp question again?

#6 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

The one with the two voltage dividers as inputs in to the differental op amp with the yellow and blue diodes attached to the output.

#7 david wilson cleveden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

thought it went ok apparently got 19/20 for multiple choice but got confused by the irradiance question - never touched anything on i=p/a over the year and it wasnt in the formula sheet we had. took a guess as i = watts/metres squared so probably got wrong physics for that and got the differential op amp as being 2.1v and the diode is being blue so got that wrong

#8 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

I got it wrong as well, I took a guess with the diode one, it was a fifty fifty chance.

I also did the same thing for the irradiance Q got half way though the paper, looked at the irradience Q later on and it had the unit down as Wm^-3 went "OMG THATS THE ANSWER!" went back and changed the multiple choice answer. Haha. I love when that happens.

#9 neep

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

where can u get the solutions i got yellow i think for the diode question and am still not sure if i got it correct

#10 ChemBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

Soooo much easier than last year's paper ! I think the SQA were just rodents last year for that paper ! 2008 - MUCH MUCH BETTER though !!! tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users