Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
chemistry - HSN forum

chemistry

16 replies to this topic

#1 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

anyone going for a chemistry course at strathclyde? which one do you think has better career opportunities?

#2 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

I Was Looking At The Ones For Strathclyde
Particluraly At Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering But I Think My Lack Of Knowledge Of Physics Would Hold Me Back Or At the MSci In Just Chemistry - If I Di That I Would End Up Doin Chemistry Maths Biolgy And Something Else. I Was Just Wondering Does Anyone Know What Other Things You Can Do?

Would Like To Do Russina Just Because It Seems Weird:lol:

Would You Be Goin In 2009 If You Were Going Anna?
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]
Highers: English[A] Maths[A] French[A] Chemistry[A] Biology[A]

#3 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

i'm going this year spoony hopefully fingers crossed but a dont know cos of maths i know i messed up. i've applied to chemistry with drug discovery and applied chemistry but i'm not sure about the career prospects. i dont even know why i'm going for these courses :S as i hate advanced chemistry!! its awful!

#4 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

Oh Well :S Maybe You'll Be Able To Advise If Its Good Or Not

Did You Have A Conditional Offer?
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]

#5 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

lol am daft! i hate chemistry yet find it fascinating! lol yup i have a conditional offer for both

#6 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

I love Chemistry And Biology They Are Just So Interestin biggrin.gif

I Know I Sound Pure Geeky But Its True - I Even Like Maths:(smile.gif

Hope You Get The Grades You Need To Get In biggrin.gif

#7 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:50 PM

loll well in that case everyones a geek! aww thanks, and i hope you get good grades too smile.gif i hope i get in. So i take it your in 5th year, are you thinking of advanced higher chemistry and biology as well?

#8 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

Yep Fifth Year

Advanced Maths Bio And Chemsitry If Everything Goes OK biggrin.gif That Include Passin English tongue.gif

Have No Idea What I Would Like As A Job But I Know Its In The Way Of Chemsitry Or Biology biggrin.gif

#9 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:00 PM

all right klkl. i'm sure everythings going to go fine dont worry about it. and advanced chemistry and biology are really challenging. especially the organic chemistry topic OMG! it goes on forever its so boring and i find it really hard to study it...but thats just me lol so dont worry about it.

#10 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

Thanks
I Picked The Three Advanced Highers Cos I Really Wanted A Challenge. Havent Found Doin 5 Highers That Much Work And Its Never Stressed Me Apartt From One Week When The English Teacher Gave Us Three Essays To Write. And The Same Bloomin Story:lol:

#11 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

loll english teachers are weird

#12 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

:S

Oh Well At Least It Will Be A New Feeling For Me - Never Felt It This Year Or At Standard Grade:lo:

#13 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

loll yh well anyway good luck nd hope u do well in the rest of your exams! smile.gif

#14 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

I did chemistry as one of my subjects in first year of uni (I'm at Glasgow) and found it so much better than chemistry at school! The lecturers seemed to make it so much easier and labs were way more fun than the experiments at school. The demonstrators were also really helpful about anything you didn't understand during labs.

All I'm saying is, don't be too scared if you're not too sure about something at school, cos a lot of the time it's better at uni! At the end of the day even if you get to uni and hate it you can always change courses.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#15 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

ok now thats made me feel a bit better, thanks purple star! i just keep thinking that its going to be the same as school because our teachers say that adv chemi is the same as what you would do in 1st year of uni which is why my whole class thinks that its going to be just as dull and confusing at uni!

#16 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

A lot of the material is the same but it's taught in a better way I think so it seems far more interesting. I did AH chem and got a C and I hated every minute, went to uni and got an A and loved it cos it seemed so much easier!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#17 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

that sounds cool! thanks i hate AH chemi as well, it's just too much to learn i mean especially unit 3 ORGANIC CHEMISTRY! ahhhh! sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users