Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher French 08 - HSN forum

Higher French 08

9 replies to this topic

#1 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

Who is all doin the exam tomorrow?
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]
Highers: English[A] Maths[A] French[A] Chemistry[A] Biology[A]

#2 campbellk2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Lots of things...including passing my Highers, with good grades!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

Me!!! There are only 3 people in our school doing higher though. Do you think it will be distracting with all the int1/2s going in and our for their papers while we're still on the reading?

What has your timetable been like this year - it seems as bad as mine. I had english on thursday, maths today, french tomorrow, geography on thursay and music on friday.

I feel like sticking my head in the oven!

#3 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

Aw Thats Quite Bad

Mines Was English 15th
Maths Today
French Tomorrow
Bio Next Tuesday
Chemistry Next Friday

Theres Only Three People Sitting Higher In My School As Well And One Doin Int 2. Lets Just Say French Isnt Popular In My School laugh.gif
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]

#4 campbellk2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

Tell me about it - this was the worst year ever for higher french in my school! There were three levels in one class (int 2, higher and AH) which made it so difficult...

Good luck tomorrow!

#5 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

Good Luck To You As Well

Hope The Essay And Directed Writing Are Good biggrin.gif

And Im Prayin That The Person Speaking In The Listening Speaks Quite Slowly.

#6 LegendaryDB

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:The Usual - Having a good time with friends, playing sport, Can't WAIT until uni- Law at Dundee :)

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:54 AM

Oh, good luck! I did higher french last year and the paper was quite good. I mucked up the translation but in the end i go a B smile.gif I was very happy about that but severely gutted when my teacher told me it was a band 3 and that i just missed an A sad.gif Ah well a B is still good enough for me biggrin.gif

#7 campbellk2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

How did everyone find the exam? Personally I though it was okay, except for the short response essay topic.

#8 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:33 PM

Yeah The Response Was A Little Small So I Had To Improvise

Just One Or Two Questions In Both The Listening That Tripped Me Up But Appart From That It Was Quite Good biggrin.gif

My Esssays Will be Rubbish I Dont Think I Used That Much French That I Could Remember (MInd Blank) Used The Dictionary For Most Of It

Hope They Are Ok :S

Speakin Mark Should Pull It Up

#9 Arca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

I thought we were pretty lucky!

...touch wood blink.gif

OK, the directed writing was kind of weird. But the reading and listening were both great. I mean, just look at the translation - I doubt many Higher French people have had the good luck to get a famous quote in that section like we did laugh.gif And I managed to get an answer for each question on the listening without guessing, so I'm happy. biggrin.gif

I just hope I'm not going to get a big shock come August! unsure.gif

#10 JAZZA007

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (spoony2oo8 @ May 20 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is all doin the exam tomorrow?

I got a grade C mad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users