Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Exam 2008 Post Mortem - HSN forum - Page 2

Exam 2008 Post Mortem

44 replies to this topic

#21 antollo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

according to those multi choice solutions, i got 2 wrong so im quite pleased with that smile.gif

I'll try and scan it in shortly, just need to get it all plugged in first

#22 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:45 PM

My teacher said that in Question 6 Q was (3/2 , 3)

sad.gif I Never Got That
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]
Highers: English[A] Maths[A] French[A] Chemistry[A] Biology[A]

#23 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

Anyone Remeber Their Answer To The Last Question In Paper Two ????

I Got 98/3 sq units

:-?
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]
Highers: English[A] Maths[A] French[A] Chemistry[A] Biology[A]

#24 antollo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

ive tried copying my paper one, but the file is too big =/
anyone got any ideas how i can manage it?

#25 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

Grr it won't let me view paper 2 even though I am registered and activated

#26 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

erm you could just compress it and upload the file online for us? Or even just upload the images to imageshack.us and post the links

#27 DanCoull

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

does anyone have the paper 1? im really needing it cause ive forgoten half of the paper lol

#28 x DawK x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

My school's put them online:

http://edubuzz.org/blogs/plhs-maths/

hope it helps

#29 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

well from those multiple choice answers i got 4 wrong.... but theres still the rest of the paper!! however, i found paper 2 really difficult and would appreciate it if someone would put up the correct answers so i can compare my answers thank you

#30 x DawK x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(anna123 @ May 20 2008, 04:23 PM) View Post
well from those multiple choice answers i got 4 wrong.... but theres still the rest of the paper!! however, i found paper 2 really difficult and would appreciate it if someone would put up the correct answers so i can compare my answers thank you

they've put up the multiple choice answers now

#31 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

oh yeah they have well yh i got 4 wrong from the multiple choice and im hoping i'll pick up more marks! biggrin.gif

#32 campbellk2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Lots of things...including passing my Highers, with good grades!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:48 PM

I think I've got 17/20- yay me! I really hope someone can put up worked solutions (or at least answers) for the rest of the exam, so I can try to gauge how well (or badly) I've done in the rest of the exam.

#33 neep

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

Anyone Remeber Their Answer To The Last Question In Paper Two ????

I Got 98/3 sq units

:-?
Origonaly posted by Spoony2oo8
Sorry folks i have no idea yet how to quote
for the last question i got 152/3 units squared whether thats right or not i have no idea please let me know if any answers for paper 2 show up.

#34 KrissKross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:50 PM

The last question was OK, not sure if i got it 100% right but here's how i did it.

Using y=24 and y=14

subsitute it back into the equation and it should give you 4 limits: x=2 x=-2 x=3 and x=-3, obviously you can't work with 4 limits so i took 2 and 3.

used the integral and worked down to get the area of ONE HALF OF THE SHADED AREA, which i got to be something like 19 and 1/3 units sq

then multiply it by 2 so give you the full area of the shaded area.

??

#35 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:50 PM

well for the last question i equated the 2 equations to get x= -2 or 2 or -3 and 3. then i integrated from -3 to 3 for the parabola and integrated the shaded part from -2 to 2 and then subtracted the answers and got 10 2/3. BUT a maths teacher said that the roots was from -4 to 4 for the parabola :S so i'm confused!! but u still get marks for showing the integration so thats atleast 3 out of 8!! :| did anyone else do this???

#36 neep

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

Thats what i did and i got the same roots as u and i've checked it over and aver again and i think your maths teacher may be wrong but then again maby i've done something stuped (more likely) as for the 3 out of 8 provided its just the roots you got wrong you'l only loosw one or two marks.
I thought 6(a) was an absolute nightmare i spent so long thinking about it and not writing anyting that i ran out of time to work out where the line meets the two circles!!!

bye bye 5 marks plus the other 3 for 6(a) plus 2 for that one on rewriting the sin graphs in the form kcos(x-a) and 6 marks from the multiple choice looking back on it I'm just bleeding marks and thats just the ones i know about sad.gif

#37 KrissKross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(neep @ May 20 2008, 07:37 PM) View Post
Thats what i did and i got the same roots as u and i've checked it over and aver again and i think your maths teacher may be wrong but then again maby i've done something stuped (more likely) as for the 3 out of 8 provided its just the roots you got wrong you'l only loosw one or two marks.
I thought 6(a) was an absolute nightmare i spent so long thinking about it and not writing anyting that i ran out of time to work out where the line meets the two circles!!!

bye bye 5 marks plus the other 3 for 6(a) plus 2 for that one on rewriting the sin graphs in the form kcos(x-a) and 6 marks from the multiple choice looking back on it I'm just bleeding marks and thats just the ones i know about sad.gif

I done that. Which is what i described in the above post, i think their teacher is the wrong one lol

#38 im so chilled out

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:37 PM

paper 1 was alrite i guess so far all i know is a gt 19/20 for multi choice
..........its paper 2 urghhhh its gonna haunt me ! blink.gif
Q6 wasted so much of my time (still couldnt do it !)
and because of that i didnt gt 2 finish the last question which i should have been able 2 do !!
all i managed 2 do ws sub the Y's and gt X's to be 3,-3,2,-2 and i integrated it and layed it out as the integration of 3, -3 subtract the integration of 2, -2
buuuut then i got my paper snatched off me mad.gif
itz gonna bug me for a while now.............

cant wait to get the answers up !! , i also really want to know where you could have picked up markz ! wink.gif

#39 karma200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

i thot papar 1 was gd
paper 2 was ok a bit harder
i did similar shape for 6a to prove it
and for the last answer i i integrade and got 52and2 thirds something likr that!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Mr H

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

Solutions available here: http://www.invergordon.highland.sch.uk/maths-documents.asp

Click the Maths folder icon then Higher > Exam Solutions

I did them really quickly but hopefully no daft mistakes. Will double check tomorrow.

Edit: Wee mistake in final answer Q7 on Paper 2, now sorted!

Hope you like what you see! wink.gif

H tends 2 infinity

---------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users