Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Exam 2008 Post Mortem - HSN forum

Exam 2008 Post Mortem

44 replies to this topic

#1 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:31 AM

How did everyone find the exam then?

I didn't sit it myself, but I have been tutoring my girlfriend for the past few weeks after the school told her she shouldn't sit it. I'm confident she will get a solid B, if not an A. (Lol and thats me being realistic! tongue.gif)

I haven't saw a copy of the paper yet myself, so if anyone has one could they please scan it or something for me? I'm eager to have a look at it!

Also, last year a highschool maths dept got some worked solutions to the exam up pretty quickly - just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere with them this year?

Thanks a lot =)

#2 DanCoull

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

Overall I was really pleased. Paper 1 was great. Multi choice was pretty straight forward. The extended answer had a few tricks but overall delighted with Paper 1. Paper 2 was pretty good aswell except bit of trouble with the last 2 questions. Hoping for some answers up here soon aswell smile.gif

#3 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

I Think I Got All Of The Multiple Choice Correct As I Had The Same As My Teacher After The Exam.

Maybe Only Lost One Or Two Marks In The Whole Of Paper One.

Couldnt Do 6a) Got Half The Co-ordinate of Q In 6B) and Number Seven Was Hard. I got 98/3 sq. units
What did everyone else get?

I Still Think I achieved Enough Marks To Get An A. laugh.gif Well Heres Hoping
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]
Highers: English[A] Maths[A] French[A] Chemistry[A] Biology[A]

#4 campbellk2

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Lots of things...including passing my Highers, with good grades!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

I found paper 1 was okay too, but I thought paper 2 was a lot harder, especially the last two questions - I'm hoping for a B.

#5 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

I Was Actually Half Way Through Paper 2 And Thought To Myself "Oh, This Is Quite Good Not Really Been An Overly Difficult Logs or Integration Sum Yet"

Then That Beast Of A Last Question Appeared
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]

#6 cobainfan

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

Paper 1 was comparitively easy. Paer 2 was also OK, except for the very last question

#7 antollo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

i thought paper 1 was quite good, however paper 2 will have brought me down sad.gif

does anyone remember what their answers were for the whole thing? or any parts of it

#8 DanCoull

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

Lol not really. Ive blanked the whole exam, but think I might of just got a B. The only answer i remeber is B for the very 1st question tongue.gif

#9 DanCoull

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

actually i think is was C :S it was 8.7 for the recurance relation tongue.gif

#10 antollo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

sounds like a good idea to forget about it:P

i got C for question 1tho I think =/

did anyone else get x=2 in paper one q.23 part b?

its been annoying me all morning lol

#11 DanCoull

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

ye i think it was C. was that the one about functions and logs? cause i think i got x = 2 aswell smile.gif

#12 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

Lol I was desperate to sit it this year tongue.gif :s lol just out of curioisty i guess hehe

Has no-one got a copy yet still? Or any solutions online?

#13 antollo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

ye thats the one

woo i feel better now knowing someone else got that, everyone I spoke to got something completly different

biggrin.gif

#14 DanCoull

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

yeah everyone ive spoken to got different answers but even if the answer aint right im hoping to pick up alot of marks for working smile.gif cause im sure we got close. anyone got any rough ideas on cuts off scores? need a B for uni so im a bit paranoid

#15 antollo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

i mite be able to copy my paper later, but it will be full of all my scribbles =/ :L

nope, ive been looking for the solutions, its probs still to early

#16 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:36 PM

I Copied All Of My Multiple Choice Answers On To My Paper

1C 2D 3C 4B 5A 6B 7C 8D 9B 10A

11B 12C 13A 14B 15C 16A 17C 18C 19B 20D

And According To My Teacher These Are Correct <- Hope He And I Are Correct laugh.gif

#17 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:41 PM

I would be really grateful if you could antollo. Just so I could go over it with my girlfriend and see how shes maybe done, and could even post up my version of answers here for you guys to compare tongue.gif

#18 DanCoull

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

identically with me spoony smile.gif hope your right smile.gif

#19 neep

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Did anyone write down their multiple choice questions and did anyone else get the cohordinate of the last question to be y=3 in the calculator?

#20 Ron90

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

Any chance of someone with paper 1 scanning it in?

BTW here is paper 2:

P.1
P.2
P.3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users