Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Growth of democracy - HSN forum

Growth of democracy

3 replies to this topic

#1 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 10:51 PM

Hey,

Would anyone be able to help me with this history essay:

'What was the most important reason for growth of Democracy in Britain between 1867 and 1918'

I have completed this essay twice already and it has been wrong both times.

Anyone who has a paragraph plan or anything I would be very grateful if you could help.

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:27 AM

Well basically there was the whole load of acts passed during that period that gradually moved us towards the democracy we have today. There was also more class awareness with people realising the new working masses in the cities - from the industrial revolution - were better educated than they had thought. Most of these acts were of course making voting fairer but MPs also started to get a salary, people had more opportunities to show their opinions - trade unions could pressure the government etc.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:35 AM

I didn't write an essay on that question but I think that the bbc bitesize website has useful information on that type of question.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#4 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 05:28 PM

Thank you for the help would you be able to give me a paragraph plan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users