Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Networking Unit - HSN forum

Networking Unit

9 replies to this topic

#1 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:41 PM

Hey, I'm sitting H computing as an extra higher, ie no classes (won't go into the reasons here). Anyway I got an A in the prelim for systems and software development.

The optional unit that I am doing is networking. Our school does not have any notes on this as they do multimedia.

If any one has any notes for this unit, or would like to give me some idea where to find some I would be very greatful.

Thanks alot!
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#2 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:35 PM

Here you are, don't know how good these are, I do AI

HSDU Notes for Networking (H)

Mark
Mark

#3 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 09:59 PM

Im doing the networking unit this year as the optional unit. I think it is very easy, mostly general networking knowledge.
I think the Scholar notes are very good, which cover all parts of the networking unit.
If u dont have access to scholar, then chek this site out Here, there are some good notes under the Higher Computing Section.
B)
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#4 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:16 PM

The previous people to reply have pretty much covered it :)

Scholar is fab for networking notes and stuff. Also, try going to Google and typing in random combinations of 'computing', 'higher', 'networking' and other related words, you're bound to find a couple of helpful pages.

If you've got any networking questions that you can't find the answers to, or anything that you want information on, I'd be happy to help. I could scan in or type up pages from my notes if there's something specific that you require :)
@

#5 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:35 PM

hey thanks for all the replies. Our school uses scholar, and I have access for chemistry, physics and maths, but not computing. I have been promised access since August, but since I do not have it now, I am not optimistic!

I'm pretty up on the practicalities of networking, having setup the webserver cluster, and compiled a custom school linux distro for serving the site, just wanted to make sure I new the stuff for the exam.

Is there anyway that anyone can get anything from scholar to me? email me at david@bearsdenacademy.org if you could. It would be greatly appreciated, even a cut and paste job!

Thanks a lot
user posted image

#6 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:36 PM

Our school uses scholar, and I have access for chemistry, physics and maths, but not computing. I have been promised access since August, but since I do not have it now, I am not optimistic!

Ask your school for the school password, and this gives access to ALL of the scholar programme. ie All the subjects covered even the ones you don't do. This is what our school does for those in your situation.

Mark
Mark

#7 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:27 PM

yeh u cud do that?
Or even ask a friend who might have access to thhe computing section. Im sure they wont mind, as u cant do much on the Scholar website apart from read the notes

user posted image

#8 Jason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:18 PM

I have access to the Higher Computing scholar notes. If you wish, i'll host a version of the Networking notes, and give you the link for it. If i do that, i'll leave it up for a few days which should allow you enough time to print them off before i remove it.

#9 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:47 PM

Ive got the Scholar notes in PDF if anyone wants any particular topic or section.
I found the networking section very useful.

biggrin.gif

user posted image

#10 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:00 PM

Hey, thanks for all the help, I have access to Scholar now through a friends password.
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users