Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
URGENT HELP PLS - HSN forum

URGENT HELP PLS

2 replies to this topic

#1 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

Hi there. Tomorrow is my prelim and I am needing some urgent help! lol. My teacher has told us most of what is coming up, but theres a few things I just don't seem to have notes on and/or do not understand. I would be really grateful if anyone could please take any time to try and help...

First of all, there is a question about true colours, explaining what they are and how many bits are used to represent a pixel. I can't seem to find any notes on this at all and haven't even heard of it!

Secondly, there is a question about a woman creating some sort of program to take in users details. It asks an advantage of doing so using a general purpose package, and an advantage of doing so using a high level programming language... Don't really know this either...

Thirdly it talks about a printer having 15 lines or something, and asks about so many being uni or bi-directional. I'm fine with this, but it then asks what the other lines will be used for... I don't have a clue what the other ones would be used for! lol

Also, I am pretty okay with my calculations within all the units but there is one I haven;t even heard of. It tells you an image is 300x200 resolution (I think, may be 3000x2000) and that it is a 5GB image or something... and it asks for you to calculate the length and breadth of the image...

Finally, I am a bit confused with declarative languages. I understand what they are etc. but you have to create a construct using one to describe "Mark is Kim's brother". I do have some examples on this but I just don't understand them at all and don't know how I would go about relating them to the example I have to do.

There is also a question about Application Based Testing I am unsure of.

I know it's quite a bit there lol, but it's stuff that I know is definitely in it and I just really don't understand or know. I would be so grateful for nay help anyone could offer!

Thank you =)

#2 Marcus

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Guitar - Passed my grade 6 :D :D<br />Write computer programs - won Heriot-Watt programming challenge 2006 and 2007 :D<br />

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

wow this is a lot at once....

true colour is 24 bit colour, and can represent more colours than our eyes can detect, therefore, it can give the colour we see things in, in real (true) life, used in file formats like jpeg.

question 2: This is just common sense I think, advantages of using a general purpose package, so for example using excel with a macro, many people have it so could be easily exportable, can be written with little programming knowledge, that sort of thing.

High level programming language- maybe something like: allows more functionality to be added to the program

question 3: I don't know, lol, maybe just say something like and interrupt line

question 4: I don't know what you mean, from the question it seems as though the length and breadth of the image would be 200x300 (2000x3000), did it give you a bit depth (bits per colour) and what units were the 200x300 pixles, dots per inch (dpi)

question 5: I can't help you with sorry, my school didn't do this (is this part of AI?)

question 6: what do you mean by application based testing? is this software development, or is it application benchmarking in computer systems

I know I seem to have given you more questions than you initially asked, but I hope it was of some help
=-=-=Marcus=-=-=

#3 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(Marcus @ Apr 2 2008, 08:08 PM) View Post
wow this is a lot at once....

true colour is 24 bit colour, and can represent more colours than our eyes can detect, therefore, it can give the colour we see things in, in real (true) life, used in file formats like jpeg.

question 2: This is just common sense I think, advantages of using a general purpose package, so for example using excel with a macro, many people have it so could be easily exportable, can be written with little programming knowledge, that sort of thing.

High level programming language- maybe something like: allows more functionality to be added to the program

question 3: I don't know, lol, maybe just say something like and interrupt line

question 4: I don't know what you mean, from the question it seems as though the length and breadth of the image would be 200x300 (2000x3000), did it give you a bit depth (bits per colour) and what units were the 200x300 pixles, dots per inch (dpi)

question 5: I can't help you with sorry, my school didn't do this (is this part of AI?)

question 6: what do you mean by application based testing? is this software development, or is it application benchmarking in computer systems

I know I seem to have given you more questions than you initially asked, but I hope it was of some help

You've helped a lot thanks.

Erm, I think it may have been 200x300dpi actually....

Q6. it's software development

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users