Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Need Help - HSN forum

Need Help

1 reply to this topic

#1 Punk Rock Dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

What is the type of test data that is accepted by a program?

I know that the limits of accepted data are "Extreme" and the rejected data is "Exception"

But, i don't know this and I have a Software Development NAB tomorrow sad.gif

Thanks.

#2 Marcus

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Guitar - Passed my grade 6 :D :D<br />Write computer programs - won Heriot-Watt programming challenge 2006 and 2007 :D<br />

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

Expected would be any input the program should cope with
Boundry/Extreme is any input on the limits of what the program should cope with
Exceptional is any input that the program shouldn't accept, these should be caught with input validation

Example: Take a program for example that takes a percentage, so between 0 and 100
The three types of test data would be:

Expected: any number between 0 and 100
Boundry/Extreme: would be 0 and 100
Exceptional: would be numbers greater than 100, eg 101; negative numbers; Text; Symbols etc...
=-=-=Marcus=-=-=

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users