Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
AAAAHHHHH UNIT 3 - HSN forum

AAAAHHHHH UNIT 3

3 replies to this topic

#1 myage9999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:36 AM

there sooooooooooo much to learn in organic chemistry how are we supposed to get all of it. isnt there a way to shorten the course work or something or any way to know what we do or dont need to know?

#2 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

man that sucks sad.gif i havent done it yet but my friend who goes to another school says its a complete nightmare, not looking forward to it blink.gif

but there are some links in the forum that go onto a teacher's website i think, and he's put up alot of helpful diagrams, i downloaded them quite a while ago. You should have a look! smile.gif

I dunno what else you could do though.. summarise as much information onto an A4 page? that normally helps me with things that i find hard to get to grips with

#3 ginneswatson

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

I have just started Unit 3 with my class and have just started putting some things on my website for them to use. You're all welcome to have a look.

Gordon Watson's Chemistry Resources

There is an (incomplete) Interactive Reaction Pathways Diagram done in Flash (19 Mb). See web page for full description of what it does.

Permeating Aspects contains a complete set of Reaction Mechanisms along with 2 stripped down versions to allow you to practice writing these yourselves.

There is a chicken/egg situation here. I'm highlighting these things at the beginning of the Unit so my pupils will tune into them better as they progress through the Systematic Organic section. The questions asked, however, would be easier to answer after having done the Systematic Organic section. I can get round it by being there to help them. Just be prepared to be flexible.

Most of the rest of Unit 3 is in a mixture of formats, not all of which are ready to be posted on my website, but I'll put up what I can as soon as possible.

Cheers biggrin.gif

#4 tess_tickles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

Unit 3 is CRAZY huge. We have so many notes for it theres no way I can learn them all. Managed to pass the nab but the prelim is tomorrow!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users