Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Advanced Higher French - HSN forum - Page 2

Advanced Higher French

45 replies to this topic

#21 JenniferSHS

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(*Etoile* @ May 14 2005, 10:16 PM)
Hi!
I've chosen adv higher french and german next year. Is it really a lot more work?
Max
blink.gif

View Post

If you want to know anything about the course I'm happy to tell you more..smile.gif

#22 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(JenniferSHS @ May 17 2005, 04:39 PM)
The only past paper we had was from 2002, my school didn't run it other years, so I'm glad I knew the current format! They seem to change it really often.

I'm hoping for a B, I think the speaking will have brought my grade down slightly so I'll just have to see I guess. A few people in my class said they misjudged what topics to revise for the discursive writing, and one girl wrote one line saying "I'm in 5th year, and I haven't done Higher - please be nice to me" and walked out laugh.gif

View Post

haha did she? lol that will make some poor marker mad! What did you revise for you essay topics? What were the topics? Hopefully the german ones will be slightly similar!
user posted image

#23 JenniferSHS

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:13 PM

Having said that one of my English friends wrote the biggest load of C**P for her German GCSE - the topic was to write about a memorable holiday, and she started with "Ich heisse dans ein aeroporten"...laugh.gif

She got a C believe it or not so it must have made the examiner laugh at the very least!

As for what I revised, I was panicking a bit because I had only learned 3 essays so I was really banking on there being a question I could do. I revised nuclear power/renewable sources of energy (which includes wind farms etc, so that really helped with the listening!), television (which I kind of wrote about) and Immigration.

What are the topics in German?

#24 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:18 PM

Anyone??? unsure.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#25 JenniferSHS

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:47 PM

I did it last year if that's any help..smile.gif

#26 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:39 PM

*raises hand* I'm doing it!
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabarŠ ciego.
~Gandhi~

#27 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

That makes two of us...more than I thought! ohmy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

IPB Image

#28 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Jun 13 2005, 05:54 PM)
That makes two of us...more than I thought!  ohmy.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

View Post

Lol, yeah! You're not tout seul any more!
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

~Gandhi~

#29 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

I'm doing it this year biggrin.gif I haven't actually been to the class yet though laugh.gif

#30 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

Three people! ohmy.gif blink.gif

How many people are in your classes? There's 5 of us, the biggest Adv. French class our school has had for 10 years! huh.gif

IPB Image

#31 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:26 PM

I couldn't say exactly... around 10 maybe? I go to a consortium school to do it though, so all of us from the local area are in one place. That explains the class being rather large!
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

~Gandhi~

#32 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:31 AM

AH French is a great course. You actually do useful stuff rather than, "My bedroom is pink. I have a dog named Frank."

It'll really help if you want to do French at uni.

#33 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 07:02 PM

moi aussi
we have seven ppl in our class i think im really lookin forward to it

#34 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:44 PM

Any chance of getting this pinned mods? huh.gif

IPB Image

#35 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:06 PM

There you go mate. biggrin.gif
Been doing any French over the Summer?
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#36 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:47 PM

I've been watching Sex and the City in French. It's hilarious.

I got a B for AH French, by the way. I'm very pleased with myself. smile.gif

#37 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Aug 9 2005, 12:47 PM)
I've been watching Sex and the City in French.  It's hilarious. 

I got a B for AH French, by the way.  I'm very pleased with myself. smile.gif

View Post

Well done Lindsay!!
Where did u get SATC in French? My friend sent me a link to the TVE website to show me that the Spanish version of "Desparate Housewives" - "Mujeres Desperadas" - is coming out soon. Woooooo!
I've done a little French, but not as much as I should've. I've learned some words and watched "The Chorus" (even tho I had the subtitles on so that doesn't really count lol!) Oohhhhh actually... I watched 2 films on TV5 which were subtitled in French and a strange thing that was on about acne yesterday - "Soigner de santé" or something. The most French I've done though was a big translation for my friend who spent £2.60 on a French magazine because it had Johnny Depp in it, even though the only phrase she knows is "Qu'est-ce que tu prends au petit déjeuner?" lolol. It was 2 pages of "20 raisons d'aimer Johnny par Vanessa Paradis" (how many do we need?!) but I have still got about 6 to do of another interview. sad.gif
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

~Gandhi~

#38 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:44 AM

I've got all of SATC on DVD, so I just change the language on it and have a scream really.

When we went to France at Christmas I bought Le Journal de Bridget Jones, which is great because I practically know it word for word in English, haha! I still haven't read it the whole way through though.

#39 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:46 AM

I spoke french on holiday in disneyland!!! It needs a bit of brushing up, even if I did get an 'A' in Higher. wink.gif

IPB Image

#40 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(bred @ Aug 4 2005, 10:06 PM)
There you go mate. biggrin.gif

View Post

Cheers! smile.gif

IPB Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users