Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
help! - HSN forum

help!

2 replies to this topic

#1 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:31 PM

right guys, i need opinions from all you computer-science type people out there! as some of you will know i'm in 4th year of a physics degree, which means its honours project time! one of the options (the one i'm most interested in) involves programming in java. now, i've never done any java before, & i'm wondering if its something that i could pick up without to much bother, or if it'll become the bane of my existance over the next 6 months & i should therefore run as fast as possible in another direction! so yeah, any opinions would be useful!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#2 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:12 PM

I had to learn java over summer before starting 3rd year (comp sci) and i'm getting the hang of it. Although i'd already being programming in different languages for 2+ years so that would have made a difference. It really depends on how heavy the programming actually is.

#3 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:32 PM

Very easy to pick up. Due to being an object-oriented language, it will probably feel quite natural to you. Of course, it depends on the complexity of what you want to achieve with it, but I think you can master it in about 2 weeks, if you really want to learn it. There are books like "Learn Java in 21 Days" you can buy, and you can do a couple of "days" per day, so you can learn it pretty fast.

If you need any Java help, feel free to add me on MSN at coca@wroaw! smile.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users