Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Oh Wow Look Who's Stuck ~ - HSN forum

Oh Wow Look Who's Stuck ~

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

Wh000t stuck, I'd really be very much over the moon if someone helped me. Physics is really starting to grind me down. So here be the problem ladies and gents.

A light aircraft flying at 50ms-1 due north (bearing 000) is blown off course by a wind with a velocity of 30ms-1 which is blowing from the south west (bearing 225)

A) What is the velocity of the plane as seen by an observer on the ground?

B) At a particular instant the plane is directly over a marker. How far away from this position is the place 5 minutes later?

<3
tfl
xo
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#2 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

This is rather simple Vectors using Pythagoras.

And I don't want to insult you by showing you how to do Pythagoras smile.gif

#3 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:19 PM

I just have no idea where to start and how to approch the question. Once I know what to do it's alright, I can sorta figure my way around it, but trying to understand the wording and what they want me to do tottaly confuses me...

eh yeah...in retrospect this was a pretty stupid question all together.
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#4 General_Fondue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:56 AM

I think that, as well as using Pythagoras, you could also draw a vector diagram to work out the question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users