Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
HUMAN BIO PLEASE HELP! - HSN forum

HUMAN BIO PLEASE HELP!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Ashlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

hiya

whats th hardest part of the course and what is the hardest part of the course to learn?
is the hardest part protein synthesis as my teacher keeps tellin us??

any tips on preparing for NABs??

thanks x x x x x WB

#2 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

If you've got a good memory then Human Biology should be fine. Protein synthesis isn't too bad, personally I found the hormones in unit 2 the hardest bit to remember but not necessarily difficult. NAB questions tend to come from really old past papers (we're talking early 90s).

#3 Chas

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:MSN,Music,TV

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:04 PM

I agree with Michael. The male and female hormones used in reproduction in Unit 2 are tough to remember but you will get used to them.

#4 ross mck

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

the hardest part of human biology for me was the third unit as it was so borring all it was about was the brain and human behaviour yawn blink.gif

#5 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:44 PM

Yeah unit 3 is a bit of a mystery. Its just like all the things they couldnt place elsewhere.

#6 Sammie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Stuff... mainly Fall Out Boy

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

My college taught the course backwards so we have done unit three and its the easyist but very long and boring. Though heavily assesed in the final. Unit 2 is pretty cool to be honest, we've just finished the heart and as long as you have a good memory and learn it solidly you will be fine.

Though I agree unit 3 was a bit of a mystery, it didn't seem to fit the rest of the course, kinda like they chucked it in to bulk it out. Considering I did H Geog two years before large parts of it weren't new at all.
"Crowds are won and lost and won again, but our hearts beat for the diehards"

#7 release the bats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

Huamn bio is pretty cool. especially liked unit 2. but yeah unit 3 is definetly the most borin! tongue.gif

#8 purple_Fizz

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

I found the easiest part of the course was the end of unit 3. I guess it helps that i do higher geography they are both closely linked here (population growth and global warming etc.) if you don't do geography, it is still really easy to grasp especially if you care about the environment. I find the neurones and neurotransmitter bit hard though. I just can't seem to grasp it. Apart from that, I'd say the course is relatively alright.

#9 LegendaryDB

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:The Usual - Having a good time with friends, playing sport, Can't WAIT until uni- Law at Dundee :)

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

I sat human bio last year and got an A biggrin.gif I thought the hardest part was the stuff about rhesus blood haha and also protein sysnthesis is fairly hard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users