Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Confusion over UCAS offers - HSN forum

Confusion over UCAS offers

2 replies to this topic

#1 rs89

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

So heres the scenario:

I was told that to get into Glasgow to study Business i needed a Higher A and to get into Strathclyde i needed an Advanced Higher C and a Higher B. I accepted Strathclyde as my firm and Glasgow as my insurance for some stupid reason. I should have chose them the other way about but i made a mistake i guess. Anyway, when i got my results which were 2 Higher As and a D at Adv Higher, i expected to get into Glasgow because i didnt get the grades for Strathclyde.

However i got the letter from UCAS the other day saying ive been accepted into Strathclyde, even though i didnt meet their expectations. Ive heard that even if you dont get the grades they can still accept you but tbh i was looking forward to going to Glasgow and thats where i wanted to go all along.

Is it worth phoning up UCAS and telling them this in hope that theyll accept the Glasgow conditions or is Strathclyde where im going?

Sorry if that sounded confusing unsure.gif

#2 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

It's worth phoning up straight away and trying to get something sorted. Even if they can't help you, at least you won't spend the next four-or-five years regretting not taking the chance.

What's the worst that can happen from simply phoning and asking? smile.gif

#3 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

Its worth phoning UCAS but if UCAS don't do anything then phone glasgow personally to try and get a place and then phone strathclyde to drop out.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users