Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Official Exam Results 2007 Thread! - HSN forum - Page 3

Official Exam Results 2007 Thread!

55 replies to this topic

#41 Yaz

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:58 PM

1. What you got.
Maths A
Physics A
Computing A
Chemistry A
English B

(All Highers)

2. Did you meet your expectations?

Exceeded them - definitely!
Was expecting a fail in English so I think my results are great.

3. If not will you appeal?

Nope. English is better than my prelim's C!!

4. What are you plans now?

4 AH's in 6th year - Maths, Physics, Computing and Info Systems

5. How do you plan on celebrating?

Celebrated by treating myself to a few days of whatever I wanted! biggrin.gif

#42 Ronnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

Hey, sorry to jump in on this discussion, but i was looking for some information.

My exam results didn't arrive, so i had to go to the school to collect them. Unfortunately, the results are given to me in number form, despite it being Higher, not SG. So for English, i'm marked down as a 1. Anyone got any ideas what this means? The office staff were pretty clueless as well. They confirmed i got an A band 1 for English, which means 1 = A Band 1.

So, my friend and i came up with the theory that 1,2 = A 3,4 = B abd 5,6 = C

Could anyone confirm this? I found it odd myself.
Sorry if this Question is a bit out of place.

Regards,
Ronnie

#43 bmkf

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

Pretty sure that's right

#44 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(Ronnie @ Aug 10 2007, 06:47 PM) View Post
Hey, sorry to jump in on this discussion, but i was looking for some information.

My exam results didn't arrive, so i had to go to the school to collect them. Unfortunately, the results are given to me in number form, despite it being Higher, not SG. So for English, i'm marked down as a 1. Anyone got any ideas what this means? The office staff were pretty clueless as well. They confirmed i got an A band 1 for English, which means 1 = A Band 1.

Regards,
Ronnie

I'm not sure about that. I thought there were 3 bandings within each grade. Can you not ask a teacher?? Or the SQA should have a helpline where they could tell you?
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#45 Ronnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Aug 10 2007, 09:05 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Ronnie @ Aug 10 2007, 06:47 PM) View Post

Regards,
Ronnie

I'm not sure about that. I thought there were 3 bandings within each grade. Can you not ask a teacher?? Or the SQA should have a helpline where they could tell you?

Thats a good idea, i'll phone the SQA tommorow to make see if i'm right. Thanks

#46 Cooldude

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

Yup sounds good to me, only two bands in each grade so pretty sure that's gonna be right smile.gif

#47 NoOffence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:10 PM

Yo

Hope Y'all got the results u wanted/get appeals 4 em.

I just got my Highers back, and I aint showin off or nething, (it does say on the thread that we post our results) but I got 6 A band 1s.

I was just wondering if anyone this year took 7 Highers, and if they got 7As. Cos last year two people got 7As, and the year before three people did. According to this trend, at least one person out ther has the 7As.

And also, where/when can we find out the SQA statistics on how many got A band 1s? I know banding don't matter much, but unis like 2 look at them. Apparently last year only 7 people in Scotland got 6 A Band 1s, but I'm guessin that number is going to be a lot more this year.

So yeah the help would be appreciated

Cheers biggrin.gif

#48 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(F*ckTheSQA @ Aug 11 2007, 07:10 PM) View Post
I was just wondering if anyone this year took 7 Highers, and if they got 7As. Cos last year two people got 7As, and the year before three people did. According to this trend, at least one person out ther has the 7As.

Yeah, that was me. smile.gif

#49 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(F*ckTheSQA @ Aug 11 2007, 07:10 PM) View Post
Yo

Hope Y'all got the results u wanted/get appeals 4 em.

I just got my Highers back, and I aint showin off or nething, (it does say on the thread that we post our results) but I got 6 A band 1s.

And also, where/when can we find out the SQA statistics on how many got A band 1s? I know banding don't matter much, but unis like 2 look at them. Apparently last year only 7 people in Scotland got 6 A Band 1s, but I'm guessin that number is going to be a lot more this year.

So yeah the help would be appreciated

Cheers biggrin.gif
First off, congratulations on the results, that's really impressive.

In answer to your first question, I know of one person who got 7A's this year. Not sure about his bands though (not that anyone apart from Oxbridge cares though).

In answer to your second question, I've never seen the stastics on bands, only on grades. I might have missed them though.

How did you come across these statistics about who got high grades from years before?
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#50 NoOffence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:03 PM

Knew ther wud b @ least 1 with 7As lol, I found last years statistics on this link:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/26435.html

It tells u how many people got 5As/6As/7As and from that I found out that 2 people last year got 7As, but it don't mention about bands. I heard off a friend in the year above about the 7 people getting 6 A Band 1s, but I think skls know that kindof stuff, (thats where my friend got it from I think ) so I'll find out when we head back after the summer.

I know of one person who got 7A's this year. Not sure about his bands though (not that anyone apart from Oxbridge cares though).
hmm.... huh.gif
Oxbridge cares

w00t.gif

I'm applying 2 Cambridge! They better care about bandings then haha. Wish a fellow Scot gd luck in gettin in! thumbsup.gif

Oxbridge ain't just for the English snobs. Time 2 prove it.

#51 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(F*ckTheSQA @ Aug 12 2007, 08:03 PM) View Post
Oxbridge ain't just for the English snobs. Time 2 prove it.
No offence meant, but do you mind not generalising in this way. There are some truly inspirational people who have studied at Oxford/Cambridge, and there are many there who didn't believe they'd get in. In this day and age it is accepted that everyone has a chance at getting into one of them, so there's no need to use your nationality against you. It's time the Scots stopped feeling inferior.

Back on topic, I found out today that my A in english was a band 1. Not that I care, I mean, a grade is a grade to most universities. smile.gif

♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#52 DanteSS3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:21 PM

1. What you got. (Highers)
A - Maths
A - Chemistry
A - Information Systems
A - Physics
C - English

2. Did you meet your expectations?
Everything except, English, was hoping for a B atleast (Got a B at the Pre-lim)

3. If not will you appeal?
Yep, going to see about appealing tomorrow. Don't try, don't get tongue.gif

4. What are you plans now?
Staying on to 6th Year and Doing Adv Higher Maths and Chemistry, while crashing Human Biology

5. How do you plan on celebrating?
Going out for my dinner to a fancy restraunt tongue.gif

#53 Amazoph

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:19 PM

Got this year at higher:

Maths: A
Computing: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
English: B

Pretty pleased with these results, got a C in prelim english and B in prelim maths.

Going to go on and do 6th year, studying AH Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

#54 cheekster

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

I got...
Maths: A (93%! blink.gif )
Chemistry: A (91%)
Biology: A (band 1)
Health & food technology: A (80%)
English: C tongue.gif

Over the moon bout every subject apart from English, obviously. Always hated English but my teachers apealling for me anyways. I am not getting my hopes up cos i got a combined mark of 23 in my essays 4 the final exam tongue.gif .

Want 2 study Pharmacy but i am afraid that a C in English will lreduce my chances of getting an offer, and if i do get an offer it may be a conditional on advanced higher chemistry, oops!

Also doing AH biology and Health & food technology this year, but wondering if i should drop one to resit english (AAAH) or 2 take AH maths. dry.gif

#55 x_Jo_x

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

im getting appeals for my grade C modern studies and english! woop! very pleased!

#56 Ronnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

English - A
Physics - B
Chemistry - C
Maths - C
History - C

I'm pretty pleased with that, being as my prelims were CCCCF, with the F being in Maths. Certainly can't complain about five Higher passes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users