Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Final Harry Potter Book - HSN forum - Page 2

The Final Harry Potter Book

29 replies to this topic

#21 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:06 AM

A girl in my work's never read them before, so I've been lending her them. After the first one, she was hooked. I had the last one in my bag at work on Saturday and she was all, "Can I touch it?!"

I was halfway through book 6 again before I got the last one, but I had to read Deathly Hallows.

I envy JK Rowling and her fantastic brain. I hope that one day I can have just a tiny fraction of the success she's had.

#22 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

The ending of the book was a trifle clichéd though. Couldn't she have written something a bit more original?

Spoiler

#23 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:54 PM

Wedge,

Spoiler

#24 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

See I jsut cant read books in a few hours. I'm such a slooooow reader, its not fair. sad.gif

But yeah, I've gone back to reading the 5th and 6th books and then I'll read the 7th book properly.

To state the complete obvious, they are just brilliant aren't they? biggrin.gif

#25 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:34 PM

Ya, I have to say they are. I read loads of fantasy but there's something very addictive about the Harry Potter books.

#26 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:56 AM

Just finished it:

Spoiler

#27 jackbauer

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jul 23 2007, 12:06 PM) View Post
A girl in my work's never read them before, so I've been lending her them. After the first one, she was hooked. I had the last one in my bag at work on Saturday and she was all, "Can I touch it?!"

LMAO laugh.gif

#28 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

Bleh. I've been reading this book for a week, and I still haven't finished it. I'm on the third last chapter, though. :/

Damn work.

EDIT: Finished.

Spoiler

#29 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

Spoiler

#30 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

The book came out when I was away on holiday, so I bought it as soon as I could when I arrived back, and I finished it a good few days ago now!

And it was...brilliant! smile.gif I think I may re-read all the earlier ones if I can find the time! I thought it was different to the other books since they
Spoiler

I got to the end of the book and was like..."I can't believe they'll not be anymore...", I still don't know how someone could ever come up with such imaginative stories. huh.gif

Spoiler

Mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users