Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Final Harry Potter Book - HSN forum

The Final Harry Potter Book

29 replies to this topic

#1 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

Hello.

I thought it might be an idea to keep all Harry Potter discussions limited to this thread. Any spoilers, please put under a spoiler cut. You do that by:

[spoiler]Your big juicy spoiler goes in here[/spoiler]

If you DO NOT want to know what happens in the last of the Harry Potter series before you've read it, then you know that this is the only place where any likely spoilers will be.

Clever, eh?

Maybe best not posting in here 'til you've finished it completely actually...

As I have just finished chapter four, and my palms are all sweaty with the excitement of it all, I'm now going to leave...

#2 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

Got out my bed and started reading it a wee while ago. Only on Chapter Five. I have to leave for work at 1 though and I'm not going to be home until 9. Booo. sad.gif

#3 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

Sorry what Scott? That means you preordered it... or queued?! Yoo?!

#4 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(kyle @ Jul 21 2007, 11:44 AM) View Post
Sorry what Scott? That means you preordered it... or queued?! Yoo?!

My brother pre-ordered it so that my mum could take it over to him when she visits. He gave me permission to read it. tongue.gif

#5 jackbauer

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:25 PM

Ok, i've started reading it but i'm confused by some bits cos i can't remember what happened in the last book and can't be bothered reading the whole book again rolleyes.gif

BELOW CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS FROM THE LAST BOOK (6) Harry Potter and the half Blood Prince, but no spoilers from the new book

can someone please remind me who killed albus dumbledore in the last book and why he didn't defend himself?

and what happened to voldermort? did he have a body to live in or was he still that ghost/spirit thing cos he didn't have enough strength?

cheers smile.gif

#6 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 21 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

Who killed Dumbledore? Are you serious?

Spoiler

edit: I finished the book last night. I'm quite sad they'll be no more harry potter books to read sad.gif

#7 allybally

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

Could somebody please PM me what happens at the end? I'm not a big Harry Potter fan and don't intend on buying the book (or at least, not for a while) but curiosity has got the better of me and I'd love to know what happens! But please, message me, don't post it here!

Ally x

#8 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

Oh I like the ending of the 7th book, ...but I like these sort of endings anyway.

#9 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

I liked the ending too - although I have one silly complaint..

Spoiler

#10 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

Well, I thought the book was fecking brilliant. Read it as soon as I got it from the postie at 1.30PM and just got absorbed into reading it, didn't get up until I was done. tongue.gif

#11 allybally

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:41 PM

-sobs- No one wants to tell Ally what happened? Via PM? -hides in corner-

#12 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

Just read the book, it's more fun that way.

#13 allybally

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:44 PM

But not really - I've not read like, the last 3, but with all the media hype even I want to know how it ends. The library won't have it in stock for agggges, plus it'd be a bit weird to read it not having read the last few.

Guess I'll find out someday.

#14 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

Wikipedia it! I was the same, I loved the first 4 but I couldn't really be bothered with the rest of the series! I may read it, but there was only really one thing I wanted to find out, hehe!

#15 jackbauer

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(Justboy @ Jul 21 2007, 06:56 PM) View Post
Who killed Dumbledore? Are you serious?

Spoiler

edit: I finished the book last night. I'm quite sad they'll be no more harry potter books to read sad.gif

yes, i'm 100% serious, that was like 2 years ago...I'm struggling to remember what Highers I sat in May there, lol

so can someone please remind me who killed albus dumbledore in the last book and why he didn't defend himself?

cheers

#16 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:28 PM

Eh...he already has told you. Just highlight over the black strip to reveal the text. *rolls eyes*

#17 jackbauer

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Jul 21 2007, 11:28 PM) View Post
Eh...he already has told you. Just highlight over the black strip to reveal the text. *rolls eyes*

ahh...neat little trick with the black strip...

cheers Justboy smile.gif

it's coming back to me now...

#18 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

Anyone else notice the slight inconsistency regarding a particular part in the story? I might have missed something out and not realised it, but *shrugs*

Spoiler

#19 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

Well, I thought it was pretty much perfect. smile.gif I laughed, I cried and at the end I just sat there, holding onto the book, absolutely gutted that it was all over, but happy it had ended the way it did.

Ahhh. End of an era, it really is.

And Jamie:

Spoiler

#20 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:22 AM

I've went back and started reading all the books again. Finished book 1 in a few hours smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users