Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Anniversary gift - HSN forum

Anniversary gift

21 replies to this topic

#1 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

My girlfriend and I will have been going out for one year this coming Saturday, and I need help with the gift sad.gif

I don't want to be predictable with flowers, chocolates or perfume really...I need something special! I hope you don't mind me asking this here, but this is the only forum I could ask this kind of question on

If you could give ideas that would be great biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

My price range is 30-40 pounds, I'm a bit light in the wallet!

Thank you all smile.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#2 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

You'd need to tell us a bit about her, what she likes, etc...to get a fair idea of what'd be suitable for her.

#3 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:10 PM

Wine and dine her maybe?

#4 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

40 budget!? Get a job! tongue.gif

If it was me I'd go for: Dinner and a sentimental gift (i.e. photo frame with a photo of you both) and a simple gift (i.e. necklace, earrings, or a camera, or gig tickets, good amount gift voucher for favourite shop, or a teddy bear etc.).

Flowers are usually appreciated on an anniversary too!

On your budget I'd say you should go with a sentimental gift, flowers and cook her dinner!

#5 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, if you can cook. Don't think she'd appreciate food poisoning. tongue.gif

#6 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

pleb

My friend once printed out some fake certificate saying he'd named a star after his girlfriend, for their anniversary. Now thats what to do if you dont have money! biggrin.gif

#7 ross mck

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

why don't you get her chocolates and flowers posibly a dozen (12) roses, red ones off cource to show her that you love here and write her a poem for her. i know this sounds a little bit silly but its worth a try. tongue.gif good luck wink.gif

#8 ross mck

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

why don't you get her chocolates and flowers posibly a dozen (12) roses, red ones off cource to show her that you love her and write her a poem for her. i know this sounds a little bit silly but its worth a try. tongue.gif good luck wink.gif

#9 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

x
@

#10 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

If you've been going out for a year it should be easy, you should know what she likes!

#11 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Jun 20 2007, 02:06 PM) View Post
KINDER EGG!!!!

See thats exactly the way I'd go. wink.gif

#12 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:02 PM

I have the main gift already and I do know what she likes, I just wondered what ideas other people had, so I can choose the best things for her biggrin.gif

I like Scott's photoframe idea, and flowers seem to be a good idea too, so I will go with that biggrin.gif

Thank you all for your help biggrin.gif Roll on Saturday!

And thank you Sharon for writing so much for me, much appreciated smile.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#13 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

Pfft.

#14 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

A rabbit.

Not all girls like flowers. My pal, who has no soul and is an empty shell of a woman, hates flowers and plants and thinks that they are pointless. She is however, an empty shell of a woman as stated previously.

#15 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

I just made one of my pals curry pasta. I'd fall to the knees if a girl made that for me.

#16 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

A boy once bought me a big massive bag of funsize Smarties. Just because. I'd told him on our first date that Smarties were my favourite and he remembered. Ahhhh.

#17 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:27 PM

To me, it's all about getting a gift that is special to her or to you two as a couple. Get something that you've heard her go on about for yonks but she hasn't got, or something sentimental that you think she'd love. I think chocolates and flowers are highly unoriginal and scream "i didn't know what to get you, so went for the generic approach" Obviously she might like that sort of love sick crap. I certainly don't. Personalised gifts are the way forward.

My boyfriend got me a digital camera for our 4yr anniversary, which was perfect for me, i had been wanting one for ages. We did go out to a posh place for dinner aswell, sadly that ruins my "hard as nails" approach to love.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#18 Martin

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:54 PM

I'd say make her something.

Like a little book with photos of stuff and memories of both of you.

That'll get you into the most amazing good books!
"I'm not scared of dying... I just don't want to!"

#19 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

I'd go with a silver necklace if I were you.

And the photo frame idea sounds good! Maybe make her a CD of all "your" songs.

#20 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Jun 21 2007, 11:46 PM) View Post
Maybe make her a CD of all "your" songs.

Yeah! Stuff like 'YMCA', 'Doctor Jones' and 'Karma-Cameleon'. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users