Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Proms - HSN forum

Proms

8 replies to this topic

#1 Chicken

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

Tonight is our prom. How many of you have had your proms and was it good?

#2 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

x
@

#3 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Jun 18 2007, 11:40 AM) View Post
But I didn't go cos I'm a miserable twunt. The idea of wearing a pretty dress, having pretty hair and make-up, eating posh food, doing ceilidh dancing, having formal photos taken and spending time with teachers and fellow students was my personal idea of Hell on Earth at the time.

Yeah I understand that. I didn't go to my prom either, for a few reasons!

I like dressing up if its just for fun, but when you're under pressure to look nice I chicken out because in my opinion I'm quite un-pretty. And I absolutely detest dresses. And I don't like formal photographs because I manage to make myself look somewhat retarded. I might have gone if Mr Man wanted to come, but we (I) decided it totally wasn't worth flying down for. Plus he would just have been embarassing.

I absolutely loooove ceilidh dancing, though, I'd have a ceilidh any day - just not with teachers!

Don't you think proms are all very....fake posh anyway! tongue.gif

#4 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

We don't have a prom, but we have a senior dance each Christmas. All the 5th year and 6th years get glammed up, and a fabulous time is had by all! We had a photographer there, and a live band, and some scrumptious food as well...so yes, it is good. Can't wait for it this year! Hope you have a good time biggrin.gif
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#5 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:20 PM

I had a ball. Oooh, wasn't really that fancy, it was less formal than our Christmas dances. I went along to get my yearbook signed and se everyone one last time.
The posh food ended up on my lap, I got pen on my dress and I managed to get everyone to sign my yearbook upside-down and back-to-front. All without the aid of alcohol, I have talents. My dress is machene washable and it adds personality so I don't mind, it was funny.

We didn't get any ceilidh dancing though. For the first time ever I actaully have someone to dance with after getting all dressed up and there wasn't any dancing. Except for some silly stuff on the tiles, which was also funny.

#6 Chicken

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:52 AM

It was good on Saturday. Went in my Rolls Royce. The meal was good. For starters I had melon, then I had Chicken in a cheese and chive sauce (yummy) and for dessert a sticky toffee pudding. Then we got our year books handed out and then did some dancing. At the end we all stood in a big circle and held hands and ran into the middle and out again. Was rather sad however I am popping into the school today.

#7 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:23 PM

I had a ball (haha)... It was two years ago mind, but it was amazing. smile.gif

We had a posh meal, followed by some ceilidh dancing and a party.

#8 David_07

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(F.J @ Jun 18 2007, 06:57 PM) View Post
We don't have a prom, but we have a senior dance each Christmas. All the 5th year and 6th years get glammed up, and a fabulous time is had by all! We had a photographer there, and a live band, and some scrumptious food as well...so yes, it is good. Can't wait for it this year! Hope you have a good time biggrin.gif

Same as our school, apart from the food, we had to organise that ourselves (and the party afterwards).

#9 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:56 PM

My prom was lovely. I think. I was quite drunk, I don't really know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users