Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Chemical Engineering at Aberdeen - HSN forum

Chemical Engineering at Aberdeen

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:56 AM

Just wondering if anyone here is doing Chemcial Engineering at Aberdeen this year?

#2 BuckminsterFullerene

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:57 AM

Chem Eng yes, though not at Aberdeen
Chemical Engineering - Edinburgh

Conditional

#3 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

Chemical Engineering..but at Strathclyde/Heriot Watt smile.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#4 BuckminsterFullerene

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

From what I hear, It is some tough shit!
Chemical Engineering - Edinburgh

Conditional

#5 englisher

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

What are you wanting to do after? Oil industry?

#6 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

I really don't know..to be quite honest, I was thinking about what I will be doing after Uni and that..and one day I would like to think I would move back home - yet it would almost be impossible to be a Chemical Engineer here..so, really..I don't know if I completely want to do the course anymore..well I do..but unsure.gif och I dunno what I'm thinking now..sad.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#7 Ali89

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Im a big fan of the outdoors! Whenever possible, i try to get out hillwalking / mountainbiking and during the winter months also try and get as much cross country skiing as possible! Also love cycling!<br /><br />always over at the west coast - favourite place in the world along with the Outer Hebrides.<br /><br />Done Bronze and Silver and in amongst Gold duke of Edinburgh at the moment. <br /><br />Done voluntary work at a nursing home now for over 2 years and still enjoying it!<br /><br />anyway, think that's enough about me.

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:36 PM

I'm the same!

The chemical engineering degree appealed to me because it had a mix of science (including chemistry which im really interested in) with other areas like maths.... plus an inclusion of business management related topcis, environment etc. all which i find interesting and would like to have involved in a future career.

Furthermore, the fact it's a degree you can do a masters in straight away i thought would be pretty good for employers.

Coupled by the fact im interested in big business enterprise made me go for this course.

I don't know for certain i want to be a chemical engineer which is what gives me the doubts! Should i have gone for something like Business management or environmental management and then did the post grad in Oil and gas enterprise management??

it's all a bit of a muddle.

#8 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

I had doubts about being a chemical engineer when I picked MEng in Chemical Engineering at Strathclyde, which was confirmed about three months in. I realised the course just wasn't right for me. What I think they should really do at universities is give you a taster of their course, about two or three weeks during the summer or whatever, in order to help you make your mind up. Since they don't have that, I wasted a whole year, and that pissed me off. At least I'm doing something better for myself. Course, different people have different opinions of the course. Me, I hated it so much I dropped out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users