Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
AH music - HSN forum

AH music

1 reply to this topic

#1 antollo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:08 PM

Hi evryone
how did you find the Advanced higher course this year?

i struggled with the listening part, it was a bit of a pain that the SQA changed the paper halfway through the course so we didnt have much to practice with

did anyone else find this?

#2 Tintin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(antollo @ May 29 2007, 12:08 AM) View Post
Hi evryone
how did you find the Advanced higher course this year?

i struggled with the listening part, it was a bit of a pain that the SQA changed the paper halfway through the course so we didnt have much to practice with

did anyone else find this?

I thought that the listening paper was rather tricky...I found myself guessing many of the answers.

I am really glad that I was aware of the new format of the paper beforehand. However, it is a bit annoying that the SQA don't produce more than one of the Specimen Listening Paoers dry.gif

The new course seemed a bit muddled. The volume of work required to complete and successfully pass the Listening NAB (the report on two or more pieces of music) and the Inventing NAB (the folio of two of more pieces) is considerable, and this does not even contribute toward your final grade.

Also, as they have made the Performing Element of the Exam more important (since it is now 60% of your final grade) it seems a bit illogical that they have lowered the standard to which both instruments have to played and also the time of both instruments programme. I also think "sampling" both instruments is quite strange...

I did enjoy the course though this year... I will miss doing music next year when I go to Uni :[

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users