Exam Post Mortem

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Higher Geog (11 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you think you've done?

1. A (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. B (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. C (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. Failed (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

How did you find it?

I'd say paper 1 was quit fair and stuff. I thought the urban change and management question paper 2 was a wee bit different to normal but it was alright.

Not sure how I've done as some questions were better than others, but I just foam and make half of it up as I go along anyway! tongue.gif

#2 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:43 AM

you bet me to that lol i was just making a poll.. then i realised i didn't know how to.

i thought the exam was great smile.gif hope im not getting my hopes up.. dont think i did too well with the population cos i hadnt really studied the census stuff but should be okay smile.gif
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#3 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:36 PM

That was pretty good considering...
Paper one was fine, didn't really like the industrial one but got a bit down.
Didn't really like paper 2 but I got a lot down for the bits I hadn't studied. Didn't like the first bit for RLR, or the coastal bit. Malaria was nice though.

#4 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(Allan_r_123 @ May 28 2007, 12:41 PM) View Post
How did you find it?

I'd say paper 1 was quit fair and stuff. I thought the urban change and management question paper 2 was a wee bit different to normal but it was alright.

Not sure how I've done as some questions were better than others, but I just foam and make half of it up as I go along anyway! tongue.gif

Did you manage to slip in lots of named examples?! cool.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#5 babeasc

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

Paper one was an absolute gift wub.gif
I <3 SQA (just today tho :])
The section A was great, even the mapwork wasnt too bad....and the two i didnt want to have to do (biosphere soil profiles and urban) were both elective biggrin.gif In beside the two that I love lol biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Paper two wasnt difficult, but I did run out of time so didnt really get much of (iii) done for the malaria question...
RLR question was a bit dodgy, but think i managed to wing it biggrin.gif

Much happier about it than I was expecting biggrin.gif

4 down, one to go!
Beyond it, and us, shines a greater hope and a brighter future
Can't wait 'til the exams are over!

#6 Fyonah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

Paper 1 was alright. The first question was a bit of a smack in the face, but I did the best I could. blink.gif
I waffled a bit on the population stuff; but hopefully I picked up some marks.

Other than those two little things, it was alright.

Paper two was an absolute gift. Really, really happy with that one. biggrin.gif

Can I also say: thank you very much for everything Bred! I don't post on the forum much - I've lurked about a lot well before I signed up here - but all the resources that have been posted have been a fantastic help. Geography has been a pretty cool crash higher for me. smile.gif

#7 Mikey

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

oh, i LOVED paper 1 !!!!!!! Completed it all apart from the question about ways of collecting population info or something mellow.gif Put down census... and that was it. laugh.gif

Paper 2 was a bummer... managed about 70% of the 1st question (first section) i had a moment of panic on the 2nd section.. thought i had no question i could do, then quickly did question 4a) then reliesed sure there must be easier question.... there you go health on Q6... bonus... but then i had only 15mins so i thought hmm Malaria i know that well i'll skip a) b) and c) and just do d).

Well... i should have done enough on both papers to past happy.gif

One exam to go... GERMAN mellow.gif

#8 iain3915

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:26 PM

I found paper 1 followed the standard formula. Paper 2 had some tricky questions in RLR and Development and Health but I'm hopeful for an A.

I'd also like to thank Bred for his assistance. He had soon responded to a last minute question yesterday evening and ,although I only joined yesterday, I have been reading your suggestions for the whole year. Thank you

#9 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

Yeh bred really helped me with a lot. I hate how half the stuff I memorised didn't come up haha tongue.gif

Just wondering - what did you guys put for the population question? I said a census and registries... such as birth and death records and stuff :S lol thought it was quite tricky!

#10 iain3915

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

For the population I wrote what you put but also taking a sample of the population.

#11 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

Yeh same, I said how they could use that for their data or whatever and make predictions from birth and death rates and see if they have an ageing population etc.

#12 Angel-Light

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

It was ok.. it drained me physically though(thanks to my sister I only for 2 hours kip last night mad.gif)

Paper one was ok, I couldn't remember how to spell census hehe laugh.gif

Paper two I'm still a bit iffy about, one of the questions in Development and Health I had to make up off the top of my head as I couldn't remember doing it in class.

Last night I was more worried about Geography but I felt it was much easier than my tiring Computing exam sad.gif

#13 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

I said census and went into details of how it was carried out (I guess that start of year concentration was good for something) and then mentioned vital registrations.

2 hours, worse than me.
Was computing 2 and a half hours? We had some people in doing it at the same time becuase they had another exam in the after noon. They were eating their lunch for part of paper 2, I think one had egg sandwiches, the exam hall smelt eggy.

#14 Angel-Light

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ May 28 2007, 09:50 PM) View Post
I said census and went into details of how it was carried out (I guess that start of year concentration was good for something) and then mentioned vital registrations.

2 hours, worse than me.
Was computing 2 and a half hours? We had some people in doing it at the same time becuase they had another exam in the after noon. They were eating their lunch for part of paper 2, I think one had egg sandwiches, the exam hall smelt eggy.

Yup it was, I got a 50 minute break for lunch though so my daddy very kindly picked me up and took me home for lunch tongue.gif Thank God for the bank holiday I say cool.gif

I couldn't remember how to spell the word census! I felt so silly in the exam dry.gif

#15 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

Cheers Fyonah, Iain and Allan. Good luck for results day.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#16 Fraizer

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:34 PM

Yeah I would like to say big thanks to bred too. Although I have not posted here before, I have benifeted alot from your posts. Specially that last one about the examples to add!

Thanks alot bred wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users