Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
AH Computing 2007 - HSN forum

AH Computing 2007

13 replies to this topic

#1 Cirrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:07 PM

The Exam is tomorrow! How you all feeling - Confident? I don't really know what it will be like hopefully it will be fair. What optional units are you guys doing and what did you all get for your projects? The way it works out Ill only need to get 36/120 to get a C if the passmarks 50% laugh.gif

#2 Just_Imagine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

wow you must hav done pretty well in the project congrats happy.gif
quite looking forward to it - it's my last exam! tongue.gif
am doing computer architechture which isn't too bad but as there are only two of us doing ah we hav no teacher which does tend to make me waste a lot of time rolleyes.gif , got 69/80 for my project - my technical guide was crap
i think my whole writing ammounted to less than 4 pages! laugh.gif

#3 Cirrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

ooo 69/80 is an exellent mark biggrin.gif My Technical guide was crap too!

#4 virtualpilot88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(Just_Imagine @ May 27 2007, 07:26 PM) View Post
got 69/80 for my project - my technical guide was crap

How on earth did you manage that. I had about 30 pages for the write up and I got about 80% (on first attempt).

As for the exam tomorrow, it should be OK as long as I get enough sleep (been working at Skye Music Festival all weekend). Last exam, wohooo!

#5 Just_Imagine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

oh i think i was a bit unclear - i was just refering to the documentation and evaluation part. what do you include under the 'write up'? and you got more than one attempt! i wanted to adjust mine but was told i couldn't huh.gif
ah well after tomorrow i'm free so i guess i should be happy happy.gif

#6 Cirrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

Yeah I didn't get more than one attempt either...

#7 Just_Imagine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

out of curiosity how long was your write up ?

#8 Cirrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:39 AM

How did it all go then?

#9 Just_Imagine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

I thought it was ok but harder than the prelim dry.gif which is just not right

the project management question really through me though huh.gif anyone got any idea what the answer to that was i still hav no idea what they were asking for

#10 Cirrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:28 PM

Yeah! that completetly through me to, I said a Time Scale >_< and employing a Project Leader lol I also wasn't expecting the three things in the ORD - I mucked that up too but apart from that it was okay, If the Pass for an A is 70% then im confident for 26 marks over that... So thats 26 marks to loose through simple mistakes.

The Trace Table question got me too.

#11 Abyssinia

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(Just_Imagine @ May 27 2007, 08:26 PM) View Post

How is that possible...? I used more than 30 pages in total for analysis, documentation and evaluation.

I thought there were some hard questions in the computer architecture section. I had no idea what packet switching was. Some questions were good as I had studied those areas in depth, e.g. RISC and CISC, multi-level feedback queues.

For the project management question, I wrote a data dictionary and PERT chart.

Did anyone do the sudoku puzzle? laugh.gif

#12 virtualpilot88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

I don't think it was too bad, I think I might have just got an A. I only had to guess about 4 question parts. Project Management is one of then (1, c) .

And did anyone else put alpha and beta testing for 2, c ("Name and describe two methods of locating errors in the puzzle software")?

As for Section II - AI
Not sure about my answers in question 10 (rule based expert system). I think I got most marks, but not sure.

11. a) Vision system - waltz algorithm ended up harder then I thought. definitely lost marks there.

But must marks are there.

@ Abyssinia - That sudoku puzzle got me right in AI mode when I was still in the Software Development part. I was thinking something horrible like make a search tree for it blink.gif laugh.gif

Daniel

#13 Just_Imagine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:19 PM

hmm i thought the trace table was okay-i got five passes which sounded about right but eh who knows

for 2c i think i wrote breakpoint and trace tools mellow.gif i think - my memory is majorly short term

oh and Abyssinia - i was just referring to the documentation and evaluation which now i think about it was closer to 5 pages than 4 though being the minimalist that i am i'm sure my overall writing was way less than 30 pages laugh.gif
ah well that explains why i lost so many marks for it huh

ps from the looks of it Abyssinia you seem to hav done good at the exact same bits as me happy.gif -i agree with the packet switching i remember reading it's used by parallel computers but not how it works .

oh well if i don't get an A i am so appealing for one wink.gif

#14 Cirrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:03 AM

I was stupid on the tracetable as I only put 4 passes forgetting that the code said lower had to be above upper before it terminated :'(! Ach Well Hopefully thats 4 marks still...

For Locating errors I put Breakpoints and Dry Runs tongue.gif

The Sudoku psuedocode wasn't that hard I though...

A or B hopefully biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users