Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Guessing Game - HSN forum

Guessing Game

7 replies to this topic

#1 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Just Genreally Acting Like A Fool =P

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:15 AM

Does anyone know what kind of questions/topics will come up this year? x
Just Be Yourself It Doesn't Matter If It's Good Enough For Someone Else

#2 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

I wish I did! sad.gif

Thats what I hate most about the subject... you need to learn so mucha nd like 10% comes up.. and it's always the omne thing you havnt learned that comes up sad.gif

LOL HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STUDY! I BECAME A BIG BROTHER THIS MORNING! =D

#3 dannyli189

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:40 PM

To be honest, i'm really nervous because i don't know what to revise. I wish i could predict which questions will come up.

#4 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:18 PM

How exactly is anyone supposed to know what questions are going to come up? I know how you feel but come on what's the point in an exam if you knew what was going to come up, that would make it easy. The whole point is to test your knowledge of the whole course. If you have revised most things you will be able to have a bash at most questions, common sense often comes into play if you forget some things. It's unfortunate but you have to revise everything if you want to secure a good grade. It sucks but it is well worth it! Sorry if this has turned into a bit of a rant! Good luck guys!

#5 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:07 PM

yeh but sometimes people are able to make a guess of what might come up because of stuff that has or hasnt came up the past few years.. and congratulations allan biggrin.gif is it a girl or boy??

#6 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

Revising everything is the best fail safe plan you could possibly have, no doubt about it, predicting what is going to come up is very risky, as the SQA could throw a surprising paper in for that year, for example that happened with AH Maths last year.

#7 babeasc

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

Obviously because the four fixed questions in paper one are being randomized this year, i dont know which of these will be compulsory and which will be in the elective bits, but, here's my guesses....

1) Atmosphere - Insolation/Energy Transfer
2) Lithosphere - formation of features in either glaciated or limestone landscape (hopefully glaciated biggrin.gif)
[this might be the OS map question]
3) Rural - Intensive Peasant Farming
4) Urban - Regeneration? or change in the CBD?
5) Hydrosphere - Hydrological Cycle
6) Biosphere - really want a climax vegetation question, but think they might be mean and put in soil profiles again this year...
7) Population - it'll be a demographic transition model question, maybe comparing EMDC and ELDC?
8) Industry - every year these questions are the same lol biggrin.gif It'll either be why did industry flourish in Area X, or explain why industry declined in the place that you studied

We only do 'Rural Land Resources' and 'Development and Health' but all these questions are practically identical every year so should be interesting...
Beyond it, and us, shines a greater hope and a brighter future
Can't wait 'til the exams are over!

#8 x_Claire_x

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:59 AM

i dont think climax vegetation is in the course anymore.. i think for biosphere the only thing u have to do is soil profiles and factors of soil formation. aah the exam is looming lol!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users