Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Scientology - HSN forum - Page 3

Scientology

46 replies to this topic

#41 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:42 PM

You clearly lack the ability to understand basic English.

I did not suggest in any way that you provoked the "sectarian" attack, I clearly stated that you have a habit of causing controversy on this forum whenever you create a topic.

#42 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE(paddyb67 @ May 25 2007, 10:48 PM) View Post
scott, would i be right in saying ur 'religion' is either a hearts or rangers fan?doesnt matter either way, but iv jus seen ur comment an was disgusted. i think its a disgrace that u could think a name, a fairly common name and one which i have been called for many years, was sectarian.

to the moderators: i call for the immediate banning of the user 'scott' from hsn for a rediculous attack on my name.

edit: im not kiddin, im seriously ragin about this, it wasnt even me that brought the topic up i was just postin it as a favour

Hahaha! laugh.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, many of you will not have experienced this first hand but welcome and enjoy a first class case of what many like to call Old Firm Paranoia. Amazingly Paddy bhoy, I'm not a Rangers or Celtic fan but in typical old firm paranoia ways - If I make a comment about Rangers or Celtic I automatically support the other team. rolleyes.gif

Now, I want you to harness your use of your religion and it's Xenus, thetans and placenta eaters to figure out - "James Fowler and Steven Naismith calling Kingston a diver" in my avatar and my signature displaying different players from a blue and white Ayrshire club to figure out what team I support. Go on Paddy bhoy, you can do it! rolleyes.gif

Anyway, for those that don't understand I'll explain the comment I made: A lot of Rangers and Celtic fans love to sing sectarian songs about each other - They pretty much define sectarianism. There's obviously a lot of irony in somebody supporting one of those teams calling others sectarian without realising that those they sit with at football matches happily sing these songs.

Man, I love winding Old Firm fans up. tongue.gif

#43 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(paddyb67 @ May 25 2007, 10:48 PM) View Post
to the moderators: i call for the immediate banning of the user 'scott' from hsn for a rediculous attack on my name.

edit: im not kiddin, im seriously ragin about this, it wasnt even me that brought the topic up i was just postin it as a favour

XD XD XD

Yeah! Ban Scott!

You better hurry up and phone the Internet Police before they close for the weekend!

#44 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:36 AM

Och, stop overreacting, he was clearly joking.

It's not like he went, "ZOMG U R A BIG DURTY BIGGOT!!! oh nOOOOezzz!!!!" or something.

Besides, Scott does all my website techy stuff, I couldn't ban him tongue.gif

That was a joke, I could so ban his ass if I wanted to.

Calm yer pants or I'll close this thread and then you'll all want to cry because we'll have nothing to take the mickey out of.

#45 Michael V

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:31 AM

I'll bring this back on-topic wink.gif

I found this post on a newsgroup I read after a debate on Scientology (I have blanked out names and places for obvious reasons):

I lost a very close friend to Scientology 22 years ago. Four years
before that [name]and I were best pals then when he turned 16 he showed me
a book he wanted me to read. It was called Dianetics: The Science Of
Mental Health by L Ron Hubbard. I did read it and found it to be all
technobabble tripe about Engrams and Taping etc., and then didn't give
it much thought.

More and more [name] would turn up with leaflets about courses at East
Grinstead at rip off prices which mentioned stuff like all the various
levels that was there to be acheived. The ultimate was a thing called OT
or Operating Thetan.

I still didn't give much thought until I was invited to dinner at his
sister and brother in law's house, they were practicing Scientologists,
when during the meal their toddler child fell quite hard and started to
cry. I started to make sympathetic noise but was told to be quiet and
not say a word. I was quite surprised by that remark, but being a guest
kept quiet for a moment until the brother in law said that being
sympathetic to a child when they have a bad experience was not how they
did things. Apparently it would cause the child to be dependant on
sympathy and become mentally weak.

Shortly after that [name] announced he was heading for [place] with
his sister and brother in law and I never saw or heard anything from him
again.

I think about [name] from time to time and hope he is well.

I miss my friend.

It's a very moving story.

#46 paddyb67

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:53 PM

funny thing is scott i said 'rangers or hearts fan' so turns out i was right. also it is not, never has been and never will be my religion, i quite clearly stated it was another users. the reason nobody seems to understand is that obviously you have al been sheltered from the nasty side of sectarianism, something which unfortunately i have not been.

#47 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

Ok doke, thread closed until you all behave yourselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users