Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Structure of a chloroplast help! - HSN forum

Structure of a chloroplast help!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

Whilst doing some final revision, I'm struggling with the stuff at the very start of the course about the structure of a chloroplast and stuff.

Just wondering if anyone could give me some tips how to remember each bit on the digrams and stuff and remember what takes place in each etc.

For instance, in 2003 Q1 & 2004 Q1.

I obviously do know some of them and stuff, but I get a bit confused with all the stuff on the digrams and don't know whats what! lol

Any final help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! smile.gif

#2 x_Jo_x

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:13 PM

well from what i've seen from those kinds of diagrams is that the stuff inside them never changes. remember to read the info at the top eg is it a animal or plant cell? muscle or yeast cell? it helps me think about what should be there. ie a muscle cell would not have chloroplasts in them.

the massive circle is always the nucleus lol

you should know what a mitochondian is (i hope!)

the long thin sausage-like parts are the golgi apparatus, and the wee blobs beside them are secretory vesicles

there is usually smooth and rough endoplasmic reticulum - the smooth one is the one without the bumps (ribosomes) on them and the rough ones have ribosomes on them where protein synthesis takes place. The endoplasmic reticulum is a pathway to transport the mRNA to the ribosomes

....i can't believe i actually know this. i only managed to get it today! lol

hope this helps, even if its only a little wink.gif

#3 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

Well, I don't know if it helps him (but it should!) but it certainly helped me!

Thanks Jo! smile.gif
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#4 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:25 PM

Rofl thank you! smile.gif Great help, hehe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users