Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The STVA - HSN forum

The STVA

15 replies to this topic

#1 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:35 PM

Hi everyone!

This was an idea that the lovely Chas (and myself) came up with this evening after rummaging through the content of some other forums (although this precise idea is conmpletely original). Basically, we want to find out how many Scottish young people value the traditions of this country, by having a bit of fun.

What to do -

Intoduce yourself here as someone, anyone, just not as yourself (for example J Brown could call himself Hamish Ross), remember to talk in a Scottish accent, and tell us what you think of Scottish traditions and our heritage etc.

I know this idea might seem a bit stupid, if not far-fetched, but it really does work, and should prove entertaining. So pleeease, use your imaginations and see who we can unearth!

EDIT: I forgot to tell you what STVA stands for unsure.gif - The Scottish Traditional values Association
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#2 Chas

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:MSN,Music,TV

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:44 PM

Hamish Campbell is ma name and i love oor Scottish heritage. Oor her by the yoitage should be valued mare by the young 'uns today. Oor heritage is pure quality as a Glasgae ned may say. Willie Wallace and Rabbie The Bruce,Rabbie Burns - people who are part of oor quality heritage. I hope ye ken what i mean but i don't know much either lol

#3 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:55 PM

Greetings Hamish, I'm Iona H. Aggis *profers hand*

I live on a wee croft with my five sheep, four cows, two ducks, a handful of chickens and a meerkat (which adopted me)

I love the whole 'Scottish' thing, you see, but whit ah don't like is the way other people think we're all the same, you know? I mean, we aren't all red-headed, kilt-wearing, bagpipe-playing, highland-dancing haggis-lovers - at least, I don't think so...

Well, that's me. Let's hope we get more members soon - people here must be proud of their traditions!
Facebook
Bebo

#4 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:28 PM

x
@

#5 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

Ahm wee mac. ahve jist bin at th' bucky an' am pure pished.

Ah wisney lookin at yur burd ya pure jobby. Ahl get yae
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#6 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:36 AM

I think us Scots should learn better English, and learn that Haggis, Kilts, Bagpipes, and pretty much anything that is remotely thought of as 'Scottish' is infact not, other than outr violence, and intolerance of the English, oh and bad health record, and moronic voters.

#7 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(John @ May 20 2007, 01:36 AM) View Post
I think us Scots should learn better English

We *

<3
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#8 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:16 AM

Awryt min I'm pure big tam fae eh wifty, im total mad wae it the noo had pure half bottle a wine and i jist pumped ma burd hoh hoh any cunt git a snout they cin tap iz?

#9 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(coca @ May 20 2007, 01:51 AM) View Post
QUOTE(John @ May 20 2007, 01:36 AM) View Post
I think us Scots should learn better English

We *

<3

Was meant to be ironic like Mr Tough being Yellow tongue.gif

#10 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ May 20 2007, 03:16 AM) View Post
Awryt min I'm pure big tam fae eh wifty, im total mad wae it the noo had pure half bottle a wine and i jist pumped ma burd hoh hoh any cunt git a snout they cin tap iz?

Mind the language, man. You've got schoolkids posting here. tongue.gif

#11 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:30 PM

x
@

#12 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

Ach...ye should 'av seen the tourists flocking arund Loch Ness today - all pretendin' they'd seen Nessie - never heard such rubbish in aw me life...

...like she's gunna appear fer them and nae fer us, the locals mad.gif
Facebook
Bebo

#13 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

Aww whit, I'll hiv tae be wee Rab 'en

#14 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

Hamish, these folks 'av appeared in me kitchen...are they wiv ye? Should ah put the kettle on or be scared?

Me lovely nextdoor neighbour reminded me today that am gonnae be 80 next year - 80!! ph34r.gif I thought I wis only 75 unsure.gif

Wow - we now have 4 members!
Thought I'd start a list now, and update it every so often! (If anyone else joins, that is) tongue.gif

Chas - Hamish Campbell
F.J - Iona H. Aggis
Tuppence - Big Tam
Richard 05 - Wee Rab

Facebook
Bebo

#15 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

Pure quality

#16 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

ma names chico an am gonnae pure chib yooo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users