Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How did everyone find the exam? - HSN forum

How did everyone find the exam?

21 replies to this topic

#1 lozygirl

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

i found it okay but some parts i didnt revise so not too sure if i got the marks for the waffle i wrote lol tongue.gif

#2 rs89

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

Pretty easy. I just sat down and the paper was right infront of me tongue.gif

Seriously though, the first section was ok up until the last few questions and i thought section 2 wasnt bad

#3 Indie_Cindy

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

The first few questions got me, like the Q on employment and the budget stuff i was like wtf, section 2 was okay though smile.gif.

#4 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

I thought section 1 was slightly hard - external factors q about marketing kinda got me and the sales and production budgets.

Section 2 was a lot better did questions 3 and 5 - but I have completely lost 8 marks on account of not reading a question - The question was - "Discuss different forms of direct seeling available to organisations" I put directs selling, personal selling, agents, broker and wholesaler - the answer should have been direct mail, internet etc. Does anybody think I'll get any marks for my answer?

Wrote so much for most of the questions pretty sure I was waffling away too!
Hope everyone did well tho! Hoping for a B.

#5 rs89

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:27 PM

How many pages did everyone do?

I managed to waffle my way through 16 pages

#6 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(rs89 @ May 14 2007, 05:27 PM) View Post
How many pages did everyone do?

I managed to waffle my way through 16 pages

I got to the last page of the booklet, anyone know how many pages are in those booklets?

#7 lozygirl

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

hi

would you get marks 4 answers tht are not in the marking scheme, but are correct?

im really worried because i waffled quit alot n i hve definatley lost 10 marks out of the paper.

hoping for a B atleast!!!!

#8 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(lozygirl @ May 14 2007, 05:48 PM) View Post
hi

would you get marks 4 answers tht are not in the marking scheme, but are correct?

im really worried because i waffled quit alot n i hve definatley lost 10 marks out of the paper.

hoping for a B atleast!!!!

Yep Im the same - lost about maybe 18 marks? probably more tho! We could get an A with 70% - so hoping pass mark does not rise.

Markers are told to use their common sense and if your answer is not in the marking scheme but is a good one then you will get the marks for it.

#9 lozygirl

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

thank god lol i was panicking quite a lot

yeah hopefully atleast get a B i will be happy gettin an A !!!

#10 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

I thought Section 1 was a bit tough tbh, i used my common sense for most of the answers. Section 2 was alright i suppose, i chose questions 1 and 5. I thought the nine marker on question 5 on quality was an absolute gift tbh and that entire question was pretty easy. Question 1 i found to be more tricky, especially the bit about demerger affecting growth. That one got me but i chose that Q cause i thought i'd get the most marks out of it. I'm completely unsure as to what grade i've got, i'll just need to wait until the exam results come through!

#11 Indie_Cindy

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Gillz @ May 14 2007, 08:46 PM) View Post
I thought Section 1 was a bit tough tbh, i used my common sense for most of the answers. Section 2 was alright i suppose, i chose questions 1 and 5. I thought the nine marker on question 5 on quality was an absolute gift tbh and that entire question was pretty easy. Question 1 i found to be more tricky, especially the bit about demerger affecting growth. That one got me but i chose that Q cause i thought i'd get the most marks out of it. I'm completely unsure as to what grade i've got, i'll just need to wait until the exam results come through!

Im exactly the same i loved that 9 marker, im so glad i decided to do a few hours of studying before the exam. I dnt have a clue what i got tbh, i just hope they don't make the grade boundries higher this year...

#12 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Indie_Cindy @ May 14 2007, 09:17 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Gillz @ May 14 2007, 08:46 PM) View Post

Im exactly the same i loved that 9 marker, im so glad i decided to do a few hours of studying before the exam. I dnt have a clue what i got tbh, i just hope they don't make the grade boundries higher this year...

Same here. Grade boundary for an A seems to be staying at 70%. I would say the exam was similar in difficulty to last years and 2005 so i can't see why the percentage would go up. You never know though! Lets hope it doesn't!

#13 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

Yep completely agree - the 9 marker was a gift - basically wrote everything I knew on quality lol took up 2 pages!! Also agree that the whole of no5 was just generally a really good question hoping for at least 20/25 for that one.

Section 1 was tough - hadnt really learned the payment systems - just used common sense - overtime, bonuses etc. And lots more!!

Hopefully it will all be good!

#14 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(celticfcz @ May 14 2007, 09:59 PM) View Post
Yep completely agree - the 9 marker was a gift - basically wrote everything I knew on quality lol took up 2 pages!! Also agree that the whole of no5 was just generally a really good question hoping for at least 20/25 for that one.

Section 1 was tough - hadnt really learned the payment systems - just used common sense - overtime, bonuses etc. And lots more!!

Hopefully it will all be good!

Haha that was exactly what i did with the payment one as well as the trends in employment! I think the one that got me most in Section 1 was the cash flow one. I mentioned some things that caused cash flow problems (which is probably not what you were meant to do) but i could one think of a couple of sentences to write excluding that which wouldn't have got me 4 marks. What did others write for this one?

#15 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

I thought it was horrible. Every part of the course Id thought "hmm i doubt thatll come up, i wont bother revising it" came up.

My own fault for being stupid!
Grrrrrr!!

#16 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

yep the cash flow one was tricky - I just wrote they may have bad debts etc.
really hated the production/sales budgets question having only (stupidly) looked at cash budgets - and I call myself an accountant! I suppose thats why they put the question in there in the first place.

#17 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ May 14 2007, 10:08 PM) View Post
I thought it was horrible. Every part of the course Id thought "hmm i doubt thatll come up, i wont bother revising it" came up.

My own fault for being stupid!

hopefully it'll be fine. Which section 2 questions did u pick?

#18 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:17 PM

For the production and sales budget one i just put that both allow targets to be met. For the production one i said that it allows the organisation to know how much raw materials to order. For the sales budget i said that it allows managers to make decisions if the targets are not being met. I also said that it allows managers to question things if the actual sales and production is extremely different to the budget.

#19 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Gillz @ May 14 2007, 10:17 PM) View Post
For the production and sales budget one i just put that both allow targets to be met. For the production one i said that it allows the organisation to know how much raw materials to order. For the sales budget i said that it allows managers to make decisions if the targets are not being met. I also said that it allows managers to question things if the actual sales and production is extremely different to the budget.

see that sounds like a smart answer - one i did not come up with!! ah well ill stop counting my mistakes nd see what happens even tho i completely misread the 8marker in q3 and have lost all marks mad.gif

#20 Guest_xxCitroneyxx_*

• Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:07 PM

I was happy with section 1 but I wasn't too keen on section 2... still managed to make things up as I went along though. Hope it went okies!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users