Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
New Higher Music Layout - HSN forum

New Higher Music Layout

3 replies to this topic

#1 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:47 PM

As you know, the SQA have changed Higher Music quite a lot this year, including
-taking performance standard down to ABRSM grade 4
-cutting performance time to 15 minutes
-further reducing this by selective programs chosen by the examiner
-adding more music literature questions to the listening paper
-changing the 'grid' question - the one where you compare two pieces and find their similarities etc

What do you think of this? Do you think it's been a positive improvement or just a waste of time?
Also, bear in mind that the paperwork for our teachers and admin has almost doubled ohmy.gif

Fiona
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#2 william

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:mainly girls, food, football, fishing and the odd sheep ( i live on a farm)

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

well for most of my year ive been playing games on contramovies.com ( cause it avoids the proxy filter in school)
as for the new layout, it has made performing really easy, i play the bagpipes so a five min playing piece is nay bother ( btw ive got my exam on the 22nd cause i had an sudden operation and missed it bk in march, )
but the listening SUCKS i mean i hate it but the grid question is a hell of a lot easier than the years before, they looked impossible! but i hear whispers of another question where you have to put in concepts for a sorta story.

overall, music is a pretty easy subject ( minus the listening) dry.gif
"millis times ten to the power of minus 3 yeah?"

#3 pipperpa2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:26 PM

I took music last year and some of my friend took it the year before so different courses. The comparison question looked easier at the start of the year but by the end of the year i was finding it harder than just writing the concepts down as you had to find the concepts in the list usually missing another! Well, yeah the practical was so much easier. They so did not give enough time the literacy bits, i'm not to good music theory smile.gif

#4 musicexpert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for this thread.
It is very interesting.

Affordable Saxophone Instrument

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users