Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Where should I include my analysis of the title?! - HSN forum

Where should I include my analysis of the title?!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:49 PM

Hey.

Im two of my texts ("The Horses" by Edwin Muir & "Guests of the Nation" by Frank O'Conner) I have a small paragraph of analysis on the titles, as they both carry resonances throughout the rest of the text and have significant meaning etc.

However, I usually include these just after my introduction and before the main body of my essay. My teachers never said anything about it and I've always did well in my essays. I was looking on bitesize there though, and in one of the "Ask a Question's" the teacher suggested including the analysis of the title in the conclusion - as it's apparantly effective to somtimes finish with the beginning... :S

What do you guys think? Lol

#2 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

My poem is like that - "You're" - significant to the rest of the poem. I always have title and structure as a seperate heading and put it after my introduction. Personally I wouldnt put it in my conclusion tho.

hth

*sorry said intro instead of conclusion!

#3 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

My essays are usually structured, i.e. start at the beginning of the text and end at the end; so I usually just put analysis of titles just after the introduction, too.

#4 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

No it's not as part of my introduction...

I have like my general introduction then just a seperate paragraph - like you would when analysing and evaluating any new aspect or quote.

However, I'm just curious as to whether or not it would perhaps make a more impressive effect upon the marker if it was included in the conclusion - or whether it wouldn't make much difference at all in relation to it's location.

#5 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(Allan_r_123 @ May 10 2007, 06:56 PM) View Post
No it's not as part of my introduction...

I have like my general introduction then just a seperate paragraph - like you would when analysing and evaluating any new aspect or quote.

Yeah, I know what you meant wink.gif That's what I was trying to say; maybe I just wasn't clear enough.

I'm not sure what would be more "effective": I'd assume that so long as the information follows a logical fashion the examiner won't mind.

#6 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(Pete @ May 10 2007, 06:58 PM) View Post
Yeah, I know what you meant wink.gif That's what I was trying to say; maybe I just wasn't clear enough.

I'm not sure what would be more "effective": I'd assume that so long as the information follows a logical fashion the examiner won't mind.

Lol yeh. At the end of the day it's going to be the same information, but I was just basically clarifying an exam technique as to whether it'd maybe be more effective or not! tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users