Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
what are you doing for the main exam? - HSN forum - Page 2

what are you doing for the main exam?

29 replies to this topic

#21 Allan_r_123

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(titan @ May 8 2007, 08:27 PM) View Post
whats everybody doing, ive decided to look at two poems : Visiting hour and assisi, both by Norman MacCaig, and i know i should probably be looking for more poems but i am chancing it by just studying them, bcos i know them pretty well.
Also ive done a view from the bridge, which i want to come up on friday, however if not then short stories involving Miss Brill and the Fly. how bout you???? TITAN rolleyes.gif

I'm doing Assisi as one of my poem options as well, but after looking through previous pastpapers I can't seem to find many question that apply to it! I've only found 2 so far! :S Lol so I don't think I'll end up doing that one...

QUOTE(Indie_Cindy @ May 8 2007, 11:04 PM) View Post
I'm hoping i'll get a question that will fit Robin Jenkins - The Cone Gatherers and one that will fit either Norman MacCaig - Assisi or Visiting Hour (either way i'll make the question work). But if its impossible, then i have A View From The Bridge - Arthur Miller as my play. Yeah good luck everyone smile.gif

I did The Cone Gatherers as my SSL - great book! tongue.gif

#22 englisher

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

I've just learned my topic statements, quotes and analysis.

It will manipulated to fit the question. Do you think the markers are sympathetic to the time constraints of the exam or if they would mark them the same as if you were given them for homework, say?

#23 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:29 PM

By the time you reach Higher level you should be able to comfortably write a good-quality essay in forty-five minutes. However, since you're doing two concurrent essays in 90 minutes, as well as the stress invoked by the exam, you might get some sympathy. It all depends on who's marking it and what kind of person they are.

#24 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:02 PM

Im doing:

Death of A Salesman - Drama
You're - Poem
Letter to Daniel - Non-Fiction
The Tax Gatherer - Short Story

No ideas on The TG tho so very unlikely I am doing that hoping the poem and non-fiction come up(hopefully what a previous poster said about them wanting us to do non-fiction is true!) and I have the drama as a back-up - just learned quotes which show theme etc through character. I am absolutely terrified about the essays and hopefully it will work out well.

Good Luck All!!

#25 mikey4020

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:30 PM

I'm hoping for

Drama: Macbeth
Poetry: My Last Duchess or Valentine

I've also got The Great Gatsby which I'll do if my back's really to the wall and I've got a rescue text, The Telegram as a last ditch attempt. Also got a few more poems by Carol Anne Duffy. Hoping I'll be able to fit something together and pick up a lot of the marks in the close reading.

#26 Yan

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:I'm not a very interesting person I must say...<br /><br />Interests... interests... are...<br /><br />Anime, Music, Manga, Coffee, Sleep, Food [haha], and uhm Vampires.<br /><br />I'm not actually crazy, although others will obviously beg to differ.

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

Hopefully I'll be doing

-Streetcar Named Desire
-The Great Gatsby

if one of them fail [hopefully not streetcar] then I'll end up doing a poetry question.. I studied Visiting Hour, Stealing and Valentine on my own.. :S so hopefully I won't have to do any....

Best of luck to everyone!

"Do not be frightened of death; it is life that causes pain"

#27 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

I studied Visiting Hour on my own too, so I really don't want to use it. unsure.gif
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#28 titan

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:07 PM

Well folks, the time has come,so all there is left to say is

GOOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif TITAN
TITAN :D

#29 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

crying.gif I'm scared now

lol
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#30 titan

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

ME too dude, but i'm sure we will all do fine!! but lets just hope the studying pays off!! i'm sure it will,

HERE GOES.............

TITAN biggrin.gif
TITAN :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users