Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Nursing? - HSN forum

Nursing?

12 replies to this topic

#1 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

I was just wondering whether anyone might be studying Nursing or know someone who is?, just to get an idea of what you could expect if you were to decide it was what you wanted to do.
I've been thinking about it a lot, and I think I'm going to apply to do Nursing at Stirling University.
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#2 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(F.J @ May 6 2007, 03:08 PM) View Post
I was just wondering whether anyone might be studying Nursing or know someone who is?, just to get an idea of what you could expect if you were to decide it was what you wanted to do.
I've been thinking about it a lot, and I think I'm going to apply to do Nursing at Stirling University.

STIRLING!!!!!! Stirling is like a 20 min drive away from me....Have you ever seen the university? Why stirling?

#3 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

Why not? And no, I'm going down in October.
They have a campus on Lewis. That appeals quite a lot too...
Facebook
Bebo

#4 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:51 PM

I think the Uni is a nice place, shame about it's standards happy.gif

#5 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:51 PM

What do you mean by that John? Lol...I take it that it hasn't got a very good reputation then!

Facebook
Bebo

#6 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(F.J @ May 6 2007, 05:51 PM) View Post
What do you mean by that John? Lol...I take it that it hasn't got a very good reputation then!

No no, I'm just a snob.

#7 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(John @ May 6 2007, 05:53 PM) View Post
QUOTE(F.J @ May 6 2007, 05:51 PM) View Post

No no, I'm just a snob.

Also the uni is a hole! Nursing rep is good there but the city is also a dive.

#8 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

Oh! J is going to nursing with Stirling University. Although he's doing it from Stornoway or something like that.

You can speak to him if you like, he's be welll willing to help.

Or my sister or my mother too - they are both nurses.

#9 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:07 PM

did you see the tv programme "nursing a dream" that was on bbc 2 a few weeks ago? it was on for 2 weeks, on a monday night. it was all about the students doing nursing at the Stirling uni campus on Lewis. might be worth trying to track it down somehow - maybe the bbc website? - if you're interested
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#10 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:16 PM

To be honest, it was that tv program which finalised for me what I really wanted to do, I'd been on the fence a bit before but when they were talking about the qualities you need to have etc it struck a nerve.
Sharon, that would be fantastic...I don't have any really specific questions atm but I'm sure I will do! When is he starting? I was thinking of applying to go to the Lewis campus as I said before, because the community spirit over there would be so much greater than here on the mainland. I don't know though!
Facebook
Bebo

#11 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:50 PM

I'll give you his email.

#12 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

Why is it that i keep seeing this threat title and think, why is there a thread about breast feeding here? blink.gif laugh.gif

#13 Muppet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:34 PM

I want to go into Paediatric nursing does anyone have any info on what is the best centres. I know some unis dont do childrens only adult branch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users