Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
student accomadation questions - HSN forum - Page 2

student accomadation questions

24 replies to this topic

#21 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

I'm needing to choose.

The three I'm currently thinking of are:
a) Just over 100 people on corridors. Has been described as being a bit like a hotel on the social side of things but has a bar etc 5 minutes from university. 3134
b) 30 person mansion. Large garden, with trees. Across suspension brigde from nightlife and 20 min from university (but thats closer than most of the catered halls), 2584 and I can't work out how it can possibly be so cheap (except maybe sharing a kitchen with 15 people)
c) Just over 100 people in flats (think I'd prefer corridors). In busy area of town where main city nightlife is (although I'm not completey sure if thats where the studenty stuff is). 2812

What do you lot think?

#22 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:37 PM

I'm assuming these are yearly prices or something and not monthly?

I'd go for option 3, the idea of corridors is nice, but it means sharing bathrooms and kitchens with loads of people, and finding people who you've never met before in your kitchen at 4 in the morning eating your food. But with the flat idea you have to be prepared to be put in with a load of weirdos. I've been in both istuations and I'm not sure which one was worse.

#23 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:52 PM

I would personally go for the cheapest.

Anything is good though, don't go looking for luxury. Even if its crap, its only for a year and its amazing how well you can cope without things that you're normally used to.

#24 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(dondon @ Jun 13 2007, 11:37 PM) View Post
I'm assuming these are yearly prices or something and not monthly?

I'd go for option 3, the idea of corridors is nice, but it means sharing bathrooms and kitchens with loads of people, and finding people who you've never met before in your kitchen at 4 in the morning eating your food. But with the flat idea you have to be prepared to be put in with a load of weirdos. I've been in both istuations and I'm not sure which one was worse.

Yeah, they're yearly, theres no way I'd pay that much if it was monthly.

I'm gravitating towards the cheapest too, although I don't know how only 30 people would affect my social life.

#25 Ranana_ALMORY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Banking

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

Have you tried looking in the NSLDS think thats the right letters? It lists only the student loans that youre responsible for repaying.
My favorites: Web Search | Free Mp3s | Free Wallpaper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users