What's better?

22 replies to this topic

Poll: What's better? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

What's better:

1. A lie that makes you smile (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. A truth that makes you cry (11 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

3. They're equally as bad (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:04 AM

They are equally as bad in my opinion, but the truth would be better. But the incident which leads you to lying should not have happened in the first place, as you should have enough self-control to let it not happen, instead of telling them the truth later which will only hurt them even more.

#22 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

And if you know the truth, you shouldn't lie to someone just to 'protect' them. It can really damage people
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#23 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

I think lies can sometimes be the more right option than to telling the truth.

For example, if you were telling the truth to make someone cry or to hurt their feelings or you knew you would hurt their feelings by what you were going to say, telling a lie would be the "more right" option, even if it is still wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users