Scottish Elections '07

80 replies to this topic

Poll: 07 Election (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Which party will you / would you vote for?

1. Labour (7 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. SNP (9 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

3. Conservatives (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

4. Lib. Dem (8 votes [22.86%])

Percentage of vote: 22.86%

5. BNP (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Green Party (3 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

7. SSP (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

8. Independent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Monster raving loony party O: (3 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

10. Other (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ May 5 2007, 09:34 AM) View Post
In a way, I can understand why they shut the A&E at Monklands in the first place. It was seriously understaffed. They're still going to be running a sort of A&E for minor injuries, run by nurses. But serious problems, such a heart attacks and strokes, are going to have to go to Wishaw. Which means ambulance drivers are going to be overworked, an there'll probably be more deaths by the time people actually get to hospital.

They picked a good angle round here though. Labour stil got in, but it was close. I just don't see them being able to save it though, and it's a big promise to make.

Yeah I just don't think it looked very good, with the fact Wishaw General has to keep sending patients to Monklands because it's always full.

I also agree, I didn't see how Alex Salmond is just going to wave a magic wand and announce that it isn't closing. We'll see.

QUOTE(Dave)
the man oozes arrogance. What i dont like is that the SNP candidates in your area started labelling themselves fighting for monklands hospital and all this nonsense.

Yeah on the ballot papers it said Candidate Name SNP (Save Monklands Hospital). Also strange was on the regional ballot it had instead of 'Scottish National Party', 'Alex Salmond for First Minister'.
Mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users