Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Should I go back or not? - HSN forum

Should I go back or not?

9 replies to this topic

#1 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:17 PM

I did standard grade french in 4th year and I got a 1 for it. Now I'm thinking about taking higher in 6th year and we have to decide next week...does anyone think it would be a good/bad idea?? dry.gif

wub.gif

www.myspace.com/smile_at_the_fairy
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:05 PM

Go for it, especially if you think the teachers are good.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:34 PM

yeh i thnk you should go for it too, you obviously must be quite good at french already:) though you should probably buy the leckie and leckie course notes and some grammar books to read over the summer to recap, comme ša, tu garderais ton franšais:)

#4 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

I did exactly that a couple of years ago. When I did SG I had a bit of trouble with the listening part but I kept working on it and managed to come out of Higher with an A without too much grief. If you enjoy the subject, like the teachers and the people in the class it'll probably be great. I liked Higher so much I did it in my first year at uni, though unfortunately it sucked at Glasgow uni! Back to the point... just because you've been out of it for a year doesn't make it much harder, it's easy enough to get back into!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#5 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:10 AM

I did my higher french in 6th year too. It wasn't too hard to get back into it after a year gap.

I never put much work in to it though sad.gif

#6 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:08 AM

Good idea in my opinion, Higher French is easy for most
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#7 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:53 PM

Maybe the exam is easy to pass but to be good at a foreign language you need to put the effort in.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#8 babeasc

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:21 PM

Unless theres a major reason not to, just do it biggrin.gif
Beyond it, and us, shines a greater hope and a brighter future
Can't wait 'til the exams are over!

#9 floss

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:<br />

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

Well, I've decided to take it biggrin.gif I mean, really it's just another higher, but theoretically it means that there's a wider range of stuff I'll be able to do after school, well, if I pass that is! And I like it, and would like to think it likes me, so I'm just going to emmm...'take the bull by the horns'! Thanks for all your advice though. x
♪ Hug a musician - they never get to dance ♪
Facebook
Bebo

#10 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Apr 16 2007, 05:53 PM) View Post
Maybe the exam is easy to pass but to be good at a foreign language you need to put the effort in.

To be good at any language you need to put the effort in. happy.gif

As I'm finding with Gaelic. ph34r.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users