Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
the liberal government - HSN forum

the liberal government

3 replies to this topic

#1 j4me5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:37 PM

when assessing how far the liberal government helped the people of britain during the time they were in power what other things can you say that they ignored. i hav got the fact that they did nothing about housing or living conditions but does anyone else hav anymore ideas?

#2 steph :)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:47 PM

i assume you're doing Liberal Reforms 1906 - 1914?
em when talking about they Young - education act 1907 etc these were not compulsory and there was no health care provided

when doing the sick - national insurance act part 1, unemployment benefit only certain trades were covered, this was a downside or whatever, you know what i mean? i cant think of anything else right now. if you need more notes on it let me know

#3 j4me5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

yeah thanks for that, already had they points. id got from somewhere that they didnt look at housing conditions. was just for a few extra points to include in ma conclusion about evaluating how effective they were etc. any other help u could giv would b appreciated

#4 steph :)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

because im in such a good mood ill be extra nice and give you notes on a conclusion smile.gif

Take together the Liberal reforms adds up to a formiable shift away from laissez-faire government. There is a general agreement agmong historians over the extent to which the Liberals broke with the past. As noted the Liberals came into power with no plans for socail reform, the man liberals had expected the need for social reform, the many liberlas had expressed the need for social reforms in their election campaigns. The key reforming ministers, like Llyod George and Churchill, had to rely on expert advice and political judgement. There were political costs benefits in every measure of social reform. They knew excessive public spending would alienate the 'Old' Wing of the party. However, looking back from the perspective of a modern 'welfare state' the reforms appear very limited.

my history teacher gives excellent notes, for conclusions as well lol

hope this helps smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users