Hated Subjects

25 replies to this topic

Poll: which subject do y'all hate with a vengeance?! (16 member(s) have cast votes)

which subject do y'all hate with a vengeance?!

1. English (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Maths (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Physics (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Chemistry (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. Biology (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. History (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Mods (1 votes [6.25%])

8. Geography (1 votes [6.25%])

9. Business Subjects (specify) (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Other (specify) (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:52 AM

Hey,

Just wonderin which subject you all dread goin to?! Last year, I couldnt stand English, its borin, makes you sleep and haz all the same stuff day in day out...words, words and more words!

Shandogg
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#2 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 01:57 PM

Pe! I hated it!

#3 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(Acaila @ Sep 1 2004, 01:57 PM)
Pe! I hated it!

View Post

Yeh - me2!

Y didnt I add that in the list!!

I never done it after 4th year anyway....I faked letters every week! The teacher knew I didnt want to do it after teh 2nd week and just pretended to believe the letters!

Shandogg

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#4 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 01 September 2004 - 03:22 PM

Why does everybody hate english? I loved higher english, it was really interesting.

I hate PSE (personal and social education) as I think it is a bit of a waste of time - the teachers are often out of touch and don't contribute anything worthwhile (usually) to our education in this subject.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#5 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 01 September 2004 - 03:57 PM

i voted for modern studies - i took it this year and hated every minute of the class. Thankfully i've droppe dit to do work experience so i escaped biggrin.gif

However, after thinking a bit more, i feckin' hated admin in s.g. jeezuz tabs and mail merges NEVER worked for me. dry.gif This was re-lived today in Business after my person specification was messed up mad.gif the tabs are out to get me sad.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:11 PM

I voted for Physics.

I have a list of reasons why.
  • My teacher was a bit of a plonker. She was one of those nicey nice ladies who spent more time being nice than teaching. Out of the five periods a week, I reckon we only did about two periods' work. She was renouned for not starting till about half an hour into the period and if we had a double period, we'd normally get a half hour break.
  • We used to get physics last two on a Monday and Wednesday, then first on a Thursday. It's not the most exciting subject at the best of times, but getting it first or last is just murder.
  • It's dull. As dull as dishwasher in fact.
  • At the end of the day, who cares how electricity and so on works? Plug in socket, we have light! Hoorah!
  • The classroom was really stuffy and it made me sleepy.
  • The exam was the day after my birthday. I spent most of the day before eating cake rather than studying and so came out of the exam in a right flap.

There's probably more to it than that, but that's the basic idea.

#7 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:01 PM

I h8ed Chemistry. I did it for SG n wen i had finished revisin for the exam i literally threw the books out of my room! Much to the delight of my family who wondered wot i was doin!!!! It seemed so pointless to me! sad.gif

Also english n maths are quite dull! blink.gif

#8 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:33 PM

I voted for Physics.

I have a list of reasons why.
My teacher was a bit of a plonker. She was one of those nicey nice ladies who spent more time being nice than teaching. Out of the five periods a week, I reckon we only did about two periods' work. She was renouned for not starting till about half an hour into the period and if we had a double period, we'd normally get a half hour break.
We used to get physics last two on a Monday and Wednesday, then first on a Thursday. It's not the most exciting subject at the best of times, but getting it first or last is just murder.
It's dull. As dull as dishwasher in fact.
At the end of the day, who cares how electricity and so on works? Plug in socket, we have light! Hoorah!
The classroom was really stuffy and it made me sleepy.
The exam was the day after my birthday. I spent most of the day before eating cake rather than studying and so came out of the exam in a right flap.

There's probably more to it than that, but that's the basic idea.

Lol some funny points!

#9 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Sep 1 2004, 07:11 PM)
  • At the end of the day, who cares how electricity and so on works?  Plug in socket, we have light!  Hoorah!

View Post

laugh.gif

I'm currently disliking History because I've missed lots of classes recently and my teacher very kindly made me do an essay on a subject which I've not been taught anything about due to absences [which haven't been my fault, honest!].

Also, ReligiousMoral&PhilosophicalStudies is really boring. If we could get a few good debates going it's be alright, but my class prefer to snooze instead. It's just so boring. Plus, we're learning about Christianity which is very confusing. And boring.
@

#10 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:41 PM

back in the day when i did S1 and S2 technical subjects (graphics and Craft) i really hated the them because the whole department is a mess and i never really was much use at drawing or any arty type things so that also bring in Art which had the biggest, oldest, most aggressive idiotic bully teacher on the planet(now retired) in it

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#11 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Sep 1 2004, 08:41 PM)
back in the day when i did S1 and S2 technical subjects (graphics and Craft) i really hated the them because the whole department is a mess and i never really was much use at drawing or any arty type things so that also bring in Art which had the biggest, oldest, most aggressive idiotic bully teacher on the planet(now retired) in it

View Post

Ooh, I'm with you on the craft and daft carry on. My second year class was mad. Seriously. There was a big fat boy called Raymond who was as thick as two short planks and used to beat people up with T-squares. He once whacked someone so hard with one that it snapped. We always ended up getting kept behind at the end when someone stole a hammer or a saw or something (you're thinking I'm lying, but I'm from Airdrie) and end up missing the bus home.

And our tech teacher was bald, but he shaved his hair of himself so he always had little cuts all over his head. Daft old man.

#12 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:22 PM

You all forgot Home Ec! My class were forever throwing pancakes onto the ceiling and having soapy water fights. That was fine until we were caught by the most evil teacher I have ever met. She made two years of my life hell, I swear, I'll need counselling because of her. Even the other teachers are scared of her! This is why I try to run past her everyday. *shudders*
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#13 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:26 PM

PE definately

Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#14 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:53 PM

Yeah, I'll go with Home Ec. If you ever forgot your stuff you had to sit by yourself for 100mins and write about things like how to clean out a cooker. CDT was also really boring - I would never have imagined using a whole tree of paper for plans on how to make a plastic keyring. Oh, and SE too - what a waste of time! I'm not against the principle of it but I've done so little in that class and we still have it compulsory in S6!
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#15 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:31 PM

Oh I forgot all about HE. I gave it up in S2 obviously, but they predicted that if I took it in standard grade I would have got a foundation award blink.gif (I don't think so, having got 6 As). What that postulation was based on I have no idea since they never marked any of our work.

The food we made was also dire and we had to pay each lesson for it. If you didn't way you got a punishment exercise!!

DOWN WITH HOME ECONOMICS!!

</end of rant>
user posted image

#16 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(werlop @ Sep 2 2004, 11:31 PM)
Oh I forgot all about HE. I gave it up in S2 obviously, but they predicted that if I took it in standard grade I would have got a foundation award blink.gif  (I don't think so, having got 6 As). What that postulation was based on I have no idea since they never marked any of our work.

The food we made was also dire and we had to pay each lesson for it. If you didn't way you got a punishment exercise!!

</end of rant>

View Post

The teachers tried to get me to take home ec biggrin.gif Even though supposedly my practical got worse rather than better, I managed to get top marks in the year on the theory. I liked cooking and things, but I'd never give up sweet sweet computing for it. After all, if I'd not taken computing I wouldn't be sitting here skiving AH comp now biggrin.gif

#17 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(werlop @ Sep 2 2004, 10:31 PM)
Oh I forgot all about HE. I gave it up in S2 obviously, but they predicted that if I took it in standard grade I would have got a foundation award blink.gif  (I don't think so, having got 6 As). What that postulation was based on I have no idea since they never marked any of our work.

</end of rant>

View Post

I'm not wanting to sound lippy or anything, but you could get 6 A's and not be able to cook. My cousin has a PHD and she can't cook for peanuts.

#18 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:35 PM

I did HE for s.g ph34r.gif i liked the cooking and we actually made not bad stuff but i hated sewing!I ended up with a 1 so it wasn't too bad .
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#19 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Sep 3 2004, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE(werlop @ Sep 2 2004, 10:31 PM)

</end of rant>

View Post

I'm not wanting to sound lippy or anything, but you could get 6 A's and not be able to cook. My cousin has a PHD and she can't cook for peanuts.

View Post

It was more the fact that the teachers NEVER looked at anything the class cooked and we NEVER did any theory - what therefore was her estimate based on?

I'm not saying I'm an amazing cook - far from it - however, I'm not the worst either.
user posted image

#20 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:54 PM

It would probably be either English or Information Systems, but I think Information Systems wins it by far as my most hated subject - at least we got a laugh in English! biggrin.gif

Information Systems was soo bad and soo boring - the only good thing was that while we were on the computers we could scive since our teacher never checked if had done any work. cool.gif tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users