Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Prelims - HSN forum

Prelims

4 replies to this topic

#1 Maths Geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:50 PM

OK, am jst about to sit prelims at my high school and am freaking out!!

Am looking over my notes and finding things I don't even remember doing. Has anybody else out there sat their Prelims yet?

If so, how did you find them?

#2 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

Were you given examples in your notes? If so, for some revision, I'd recommend trying to do these examples (without looking at the solutions) and seeing exactly what you can and cannot remember. I don't know any good revision sources on the internet unfortunately. Also, past papers (if you have them) can be useful even for the prelims, so you might want to try one or two of them. Don't freak out too much over it though, they are only prelims after all smile.gif

I've had my prelim already, it went quite well. There were questions on pretty much everything you would expect (for example, a question on integration by parts and one on differential equations are pretty much guaranteed if you have done them). Generally there isn't an awful lot of problem solving in the exams (although there was quite alot by comparison in my prelim strangely) so if you can drill into your memory how to do every type of question then you should be looking at a good grade.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#3 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:11 PM

Yea i did my prelim but i thought it went horribley. But i managed to scrape a B so it cant have been that bad, full of stupid mistakes as always. Not surprising i thought it went so badly cause i only really studied for it the night before because of other exams. Yea, i was finding stuff i couldnt remember doing in my notes, just follow thw worked examples and try similar questions and you should be fine!
Grrrrrr!!

#4 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:04 PM

Did mine today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I wasn't expecting to be able to to any of it. I managed to write something down for everything even if I had to give up on some of them due to time. And most I know I have wrong, but hopefully there might be a few marks for working.
I'll see.

#5 Hev

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:32 PM

my prelim was absolutly hell. but then again for the 3 days up to it i was off work and school throwing up and just had to go to do my prelim otherwise i wasn't gonna get to sit it.
got myself a D 42% which i was pleased with to be fair. i'm really not good at it and do like absolutly no extra work at home.
plus the last test i got i failed a lovely 29% so atleast i've improved eh? lol
IPB Image
This year's Fenella Feline (CAT) in Peterhead's Pantomine Pinocchio!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users