Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Crash Higher for BUSINESS MANAGEMENT - HSN forum

Crash Higher for BUSINESS MANAGEMENT

11 replies to this topic

#1 sunny geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:06 PM

H i am taking business management next year (sixth) as a crash higher I am not sure that what kind of subject is this. I am finding higher Economics VERY hard unsure.gif . please help if u do business management.

regards
me

#2 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(sunny geek @ Jan 29 2007, 04:06 PM) View Post
H i am taking business management next year (sixth) as a crash higher I am not sure that what kind of subject is this. I am finding higher Economics VERY hard unsure.gif . please help if u do business management.

regards
me

Hey, i'm in sixth year atm and currently doing Crash Higher Business Management. The only sort of business subject i have done before is SG Administration which helps now again. I'd say the subject is a fairly easy crash higher. There is quite a lot to remember although common sense is just as helpful! I sat my prelim for it today and i am confident i've done well. I couldn't see where you would have any major problems tbh. Hope that helps a bit

#3 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

Aye, I'd agree with that - I had done accounts before so that helped massively with the finance section of it (like, I didn't have to do any work!) but I still found it on the whole pretty easy. And got an A!

#4 gracybabe14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

I'm sure you'll do fine! My school doesn't even provide it at a lower level than higher so everyone has to crash it! It's quite straightforward nothing too complicated!! smile.gif

#5 dannyli189

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:59 PM

Hi,
I'm in 6th aswell, and i'm currently doing crash higher business management. We had our prelim las week and today i found out that i got an A, but only 78%! I find it fairly easy because it's really common sense, there isn't a right or wrong answer if you have provided a valid point which has be justified. So, if anyone wants to pick this course, i would definently recommend it because it extremely interesting and really useful for general knowledge or for people who are hoping to continue business management in further education. It could be quite hard at the start when your trying to grasp the basics but, after you've got that, the rest of the course is quite easy. There's a specimen question paper on the SQA website which you may download to find out what types of questions they ask, and what quite of format is the exam. Maybe some people can already answer some of the questions even without studying business management.
Regards,
Danny

#6 roboticsdepartment

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

yup, its more or less all common sense - im taking it this year and i must admit im finding it a wee bit tough, theres alot to remember and i miss most marks on essays and questions because i think, "nah it won't be that, thats too easy an answer to be it" and i dont put it down, lol.

#7 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

I agree with the above comment about answers being too easy then being reluctant to put them down. I got 85% on my prelim doing crash higher so there is hope for you people!

#8 Princess V

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music and general studying!

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

Hi, i'm new so i was just having a nosey about.

Higher Business Management is okay, but requires some hard work. I took it for SG and found it quite straightforward but when i did my bus man prelim it was a whole other story. But i'm sure you'll do fine.

#9 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:02 AM

The majority of Higher BM is common sense. Just remember to revise properly and you'll be fine. ^^

#10 Princess V

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music and general studying!

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:49 AM

Yeah, me not revising was probably it. All my prelims were in the same week so it was a bit of a rush to revise anyway.

#11 gib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(sunny geek @ Jan 29 2007, 05:06 PM) View Post

regards
me

Awrite m8, wits gan on? Aw a widnae botha wi crash bizzi m ya dobbar cus its total solid man, god aye. A canny dae it at aw n am a grade A student aye, ken wit a mean? Nah honestly m8, take that n yur a big hairy walloper

"Regards" (wit ye gan on aboot?) ??
Gowbo (B.I)

#12 charmed_byjohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(sunny geek @ Jan 29 2007, 05:06 PM) View Post

regards
me

its not hard i have done it this year and to be honest all of its just revsion and a lot of it. Our teacher just keeps giving us notes not that thats a bad thing cos there easier to understand than the huge book.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users