Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Re-sitting Standard Grades - HSN forum - Page 2

Re-sitting Standard Grades

30 replies to this topic

#21 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

D'oh, i never noticed that lol

#22 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:23 PM

Yeah, I was talking to Dismo. Chill, John! tongue.gif

#23 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:28 PM

I got 8 2s and an Int2 NO AWARD at Standard Grade. I don't care.

So long as you get a credit grade, you've (in 99% of cases) gained access to higher, which is all that really matters. I wouldn't bother wasting a year resitting just for a 1, when you could be doing something more worthwhile.

#24 dismo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:07 PM

Well I certainly don't see it as wasting a year as I will be doing my Highers at the same time. I see it as something to make my year more worthwhile and productive.

Nothing to lose.

#25 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:15 AM

You'd be better off doing higher over two years than SG again then Higher I'd say.

#26 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:30 AM

I think what Dismo's trying to get at is that he's not going to be resitting SG, just the exam: i.e., don't go to the classes, brush up at home, do the Highers as normal, then sit the SG exam along with the Highers. In my opinion, that's a bad idea: You shouldn't be wasting time with the past. Your Highers are more important, so you should be devoting 100% of your time to them, not exams that you already got good grades in.

#27 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(dismo @ Jan 10 2007, 09:07 PM) View Post

Well I certainly don't see it as wasting a year as I will be doing my Highers at the same time. I see it as something to make my year more worthwhile and productive.

Nothing to lose.

Once you have highers noone cares about your standard grade results!!! Highers get you into uni, get 5A's in your Highers or similarly high results and noone will ever ask about your standard grades again. Get things into perspective and worry about your highers not what you got in the past. I know people like to do well, but honestly i thought you had failed one or something when you originally put the thread up.

#28 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(dismo @ Jan 10 2007, 09:07 PM) View Post

Nothing to lose.

You're losing time that could otherwise be spent concentrating on Higher.

#29 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

You could lose a limb.

#30 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

You have to put the year sat on anything to do with results anyway. If you want to do it after all them you should do what you like. But just remember that when you have a SG date on the same year the people looking at it might think something along the lines of WTF? Why'd you need to do that? How badly did you do?

A 2 is perfectly respectable. All the best people get a 2 at SG.

#31 Grant =)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

I wish they'd let us take SG's at the end of third year. They are making us do standard grade English over 3 years, even though our whole class have basically finished the course by the end of second, with straight 1's.

Plus we've got course choice soon - and we're forced to do stuff we don't want to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users