Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
open days - HSN forum

open days

30 replies to this topic

#1 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:45 PM

So, the open days are all coming up soon. Where's everyone going? Maybe someone who can be bothered - unlike myself - could list the dates of the various university/college/whatever open days.

I'm off to Glasgow and Strathclyde.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#2 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:48 PM

I found quite a useful link, containing all the dates for University Open Days.

#3 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:56 PM

Ally, your resourcefulness never seizes to amaze me!

#4 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 25 August 2004 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(fearfactor47 @ Aug 25 2004, 06:56 PM)

Ally, your resourcefulness never seizes to amaze me!

View Post

tongue.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

lol

I guess that's a good thing then...

cool.gif tongue.gif

#5 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 06:33 PM

Yup! tongue.gif

#6 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:59 PM

I went to the Aberdeen openday on Tuesday. Twas rather fun smile.gif

@

#7 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 08:47 PM

I'm off to Strathclyde, Glasgow and Glasgow Caledonian (same day for they two) and maybe just maybe Dundee.
O and that link with all the open days is very easy to find so if ally aint posted it yet then just ask me and I'll tell u where it is!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#8 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:19 PM

I'm going to go to Strathclyde, Glasgow and Cali. Because my mum's a stingy git and won't let me go anywhere that would require me moving away. Mean woman.

#9 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:28 PM

I'm going to Glasgow, Strathclyde and maybe Cali or Paisley. It'll get me a few days off school anyway.

A few of my friends are really keen on moving away but I'm not, I can't fend for myself just yet!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#10 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:46 PM

I am going to Strathclyde and Glasgow. I don't think I could cope moving away anyway, but probably can't afford to anyway! lol
Mark

#11 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:46 PM

I have been to Aberdeen but i think i will go to Strathclyde n Dundee as well. Possibly more.....any excuse for a day off school!! tongue.gif

#12 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:52 PM

i am going to glasgow and strathclyde but in my school we are only allowed to go to 2 open days during school but thats not a problem for me because strathclyde is definitely the place i want to go

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#13 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:09 PM

Glasgow and Strathclyde Open Days last year

Glasgow Uni has a really bad, disorganised open day that suggests its crap and dull!

Strathclyde is a modern, fun, cool-place-to-be open day which screams out "I'm the place for u and all your friends!"

Yet, funnily enuf I chose Glasgow when they gave me an unconditional offer!

I think the reason I was sucked into Glasgow Uni is cos it is so well known and has a really good reputation! I was soo goin to strathclyde uni as well!

I applied for 5 courses at Strath and only 1 at Glasgow....to be honest - its cos I thot I would get into Strath b4 Glasgow......

....but when Glasgow offered me an unconditional straight away, I had to go for it cos I couldnt beleive it and also felt priveleged!! God Sake!

Listen to me rambling on!

Shandogg

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#14 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:32 PM

I'm going to Cambridge's on the 7th, Glasgow's on the 8th and I am supposed to be getting a private tour of Edinburgh at some point.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#15 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:36 PM

Ooooww, Cambridge! Brainy person there then werlop. I so want to go to Strathcylde over Glasgow but Dundee over Starthcylde. But have no money for living in Dundee so cant really go there because the course I'd be taking
English Law and English Accountancy (both accreditted) would mean not much time for real work and mostly study, so Strathclyde it probably is.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#16 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 12:34 PM

Hey, back from both open days.

Cambridge was REALLY good, it is such a nice area. The weather was perfect and the whole thing was really interesting. Cambridge is now definately my first choice.

Glasgow, well, I didn't find the open day as interesting as I thought I would. I went to the first medical talk and then the second tour of the Wolfson Medical Building. I didn't bother going to anything else as we just go turned away from the science lecture becuase it was full and we couldn't really be bothered waiting for an hour. The medical information talk was interesting although I had already heard almost exactly the same talk at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons earlier this year.

All in all, a good 2 days off school tongue.gif
user posted image

#17 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(werlop @ Sep 8 2004, 01:34 PM)
Hey, back from both open days.

Cambridge was REALLY good, it is such a nice area. The weather was perfect and the whole thing was really interesting. Cambridge is now definately my first choice.

Glasgow, well, I didn't find the open day as interesting as I thought I would. I went to the first medical talk and  then the second tour of the Wolfson Medical Building. I didn't bother going to anything else as we just go turned away from the science lecture becuase it was full and we couldn't really be bothered waiting for an hour. The medical information talk was interesting although I had already heard almost exactly the same talk at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons earlier this year.

All in all, a good 2 days off school tongue.gif

View Post

Awww I didn't know there was a Cam open day! Darn sad.gif
Decided on a college to apply to yet?

About half of my year are off to the various open days today. Buses were something like quarter to six biggrin.gif

I've put my name down for the Edinburgh open day but looks like that's it.

#18 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(Acaila @ Sep 8 2004, 02:22 PM)
Awww I didn't know there was a Cam open day! Darn sad.gif
Decided on a college to apply to yet?

About half of my year are off to the various open days today.  Buses were something like quarter to six biggrin.gif

I've put my name down for the Edinburgh open day but looks like that's it.

View Post

I'm not totally decided on a college, but I'm thinking emmanuel as my piano teacher went there and loved it, a depute in my school went there and loved it and one of my friends is going there this year to study medicine. Everyone thinks their own college is the best though.

Mind you, one of my friends also wants to goto St Cat's as his dad (who is assistant dean of natural sciences at Glasgow) went there and so is his uncle (who is a government advisor on GM crops).

Buses?! wow your school's organised. For cambridge I had to get up at 3 to get a flight from Glasgow to Stansted and then get back at 10:30 pm to Glasgow by plane. Cost me around £90 for the trains and flights (well worth it though). We had to make our own way to Glasgow, but that didn't really matter as I live about 15 minutes from the university. I was surprised at the number of Scottish people at Cambridge yesterday, almost 1/2 were Scottish I would say.

For Edinburgh I'm not sure that I'm going to the official open day as my mum was speaking to the head of medical admissions at Edinburgh the other day at a conference and he said I should phone him up to arrange a private tour before the UCAS forms go in.

2 weeks before my UCAS form has to be in my school blink.gif
user posted image

#19 Laura

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:00 PM

Hi smile.gif

When is the Edinburgh Uni Open Day?

Also, Werlop, why did the head of med school admissions say you should arrange a private tour?

Thanx,

Laura

#20 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:11 PM

There isn't another open day for Edinburgh this year, is there? There is a visit day next month though? 22nd? I'm visiting Dundee in a couple of weeks and St Andrews next month too.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users