Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Harvard Biology Video - HSN forum

Harvard Biology Video

3 replies to this topic

#1 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:08 PM

Just thought I'd share this video with you: http://aimediaserver.com/studiodaily/video...=640&height=520

It's a pretty wonderful 3D representation of the inside of the cell and you can see quite a lot going on - leukocytes travelling through capillaries, what the lipid membrane really looks like including lipid rafts, the cytoskeleton, actin assembly, protein cleavage, microtubule assembly, molecular motors transporting a vesicle, mRNA being released from nuclear pores, protein synthesis, the golgi body, exocytosis of a vesicle and cell to cell adhesion with what I am assuming are integrin molecules. You then get to see the process of diapedesis where the leukocyte penetrates the endothelial lining.

Rather beautiful I think.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#2 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:09 AM

Wow.

#3 myage9999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:24 AM

great video, just what is that big blue thing climbing the DNA. put da full copy of "if" plz

#4 ginneswatson

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

Absolutely awesome. As a Chemist with a little Biology it was fascinating to see all the complex reactions and interactions that are involved in a 'simple' human cell. I'll definitely be showing this to my Adv Higher classes. Inspirational stuff. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users