Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Bibliography for Issues Essay - HSN forum

Bibliography for Issues Essay

7 replies to this topic

#1 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:11 PM

Brendan you'll probably be able to answer this. I have just written my issues essay and for some of my sources i do not have the precise address of the sites i've used e.g. i have www.scotsman.com but not the exact page. I don't have dates for all of the articles i've used either so i wondered if i really need them to be precise or whether i would be ok. Would i lose marks for not indicating the date and exact web address?

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:19 PM

You are supposed to have the exact page addresses for websites but its not the end of the world if you don't. You could just make up the dates for web pages because they won't check. Maybe I could help you find your lost websites and/or journal articles?
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:20 PM

How do you know they won't check?

#4 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

They won't know if the web page existed on a specific day in the past. It could have since been taken down.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#5 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:28 PM

That makes perfect sense actually - well i'll have a good look through my stuff and see if i can get some of the addresses. Although i have a quote (by Professor David Simpson) that for some reason i haven't written the site down for and need to trace where it came from. I'm pretty sure it was from one of the quality news sites. I doubt a quote could be tracked down easily though.

#6 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:30 PM

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=440142004 ?

#7 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:32 PM

The quote is in there - thank you so much!

#8 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:33 PM

Cool, you're welcome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users