Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Conditional/Uncondtional Offers from Universities - HSN forum - Page 15

Conditional/Uncondtional Offers from Universities

284 replies to this topic

#281 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Apr 16 2007, 12:53 AM) View Post
Maybe your conditions are to get your screening and jabs done? I dunno unsure.gif

Sounds like that to me.
Best make that appointment with the doc. rolleyes.gif

#282 Michael

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(the-big-geek-lol @ Apr 15 2007, 09:40 PM) View Post
Just accepted medicine at Edinburgh as firm, phew! glad this whole applying things over tho..

Although it's down as a conditional, except I have no conditions - confuzzled me! all it says is i have 2 get a jab and send my certificates to them!! tho im not complaining...

Guess that means I don't have to put an insurance?! hope not cos i declined the others, was i supposed to? UCs for medicine at aberdeen and st andrews, and biomedical/chemistry things at edinburgh and aberdeen. you can still put a conditional as firm with no insurance yeh??

My friend has a similar offer for dentistry at glasgow. Its as close as you get to an unconditional for these courses. Well done!

#283 ginneswatson

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have decided to pick strathclyde and then glasgow for insurance, I just have a few questions.

If i fail to meet these targets and i want to appeal would this mean that if my appeal is unsuccessful i would miss out on clearing - ie the time it takes to wait for my appeal to come through?
Also when/how do i apply for clearing?

Thanks

There is a 'fast track' appeal for those needing to know for University. They go in within a couple of days of us returning to school (mid August) and are dealt with quickly and the results of the appeal can go directly to the University (or UCAS, not too sure) involved. Not sure the time-scale for clearing but I'd imagine that the appeal will definitely be through before the clearing process is over.

It's always worth contacting the University directly. I can think of many examples over the years where a University has confirmed an offer even if the candidate didn't achieve all the conditions.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully you'll get the grades you need.

#284 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Apr 16 2007, 12:53 AM) View Post
Maybe your conditions are to get your screening and jabs done? I dunno unsure.gif
This is probably right. My friend is going to Edinburgh and his offer is conditional on getting a hepatitis B jag.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#285 celticfcz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:41 PM

Thanks skint_student and ginneswatson have accepted my offers and hopefully I wont have to worry about this rolleyes.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users