Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Conditional/Uncondtional Offers from Universities - HSN forum - Page 2

Conditional/Uncondtional Offers from Universities

284 replies to this topic

#21 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:18 PM

Awesome. Got my first offers back already, both from Glasgow biggrin.gif

BSc Hons. Computer Science: BBB, excluding English & Music or BBBB including Maths, English and Music.

MSci Computer Science: BBB excluding English & Music or BBBB including Maths.

Much the same, but seperate choices, so meh. Still, not bad for applying in fifth year, methinks. Oh, and can someone clarify something for me: When they say BBBB including Maths/English/Music, does that mean that I only need one of them, or all 3 of them?

#22 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:54 PM

Sounds like all 3.

#23 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, that's the way I interpreted it too, but I just wanted to be sure.

#24 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

It is all 3, but if you get ABC/BBB in Computing, Maths and a Science you will get in, or BBBB in Maths and any other 3 subjects you will also get in.

#25 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Nov 26 2006, 05:41 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ad absurdum @ Nov 25 2006, 12:43 AM) View Post

Nah, I'm not doing a-levels, I'm not sure why I'm getting such difficult offers. Maybe they don't like me.

That must be really reassuring to see all those unconditionals on your offer sheet, any idea what university you are going to go to?

I feel for you, hope you some unconditionals for backups. Makes my offer look much nicer.

I'm not sure about the university yet. The unconditional from Edinburgh looks so nice, Aberdeen is also looking good (and cheaper) and the Bristol biology course looks more interesting. I don't know. You have any ideas yet?
I've been to Bristol uni and live in Edinburgh, so I can tell you that both are very nice. Unfortunately as you mentioed both are very expensive too (Bristol moreso - you have to pay fees aswell as paying for accomodation in the south-west, not cheap sad.gif). I'm not sure about where I'm going, all depends on the offers I get I suppose.

QUOTE(Switch @ Nov 26 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post
Don't feel so bad, man.

I nailed myself six conditionals.
Cool biggrin.gif Well done. That's comforting to hear too.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#26 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:10 AM

Bristol is a great city. Had a blast when I was staying down there with my relatives. A lot of culture, great stuff to do, good nightlife. And possibly the best indian takeaway I ever had. We went past the uni a couple of times, looked really good...we came across the extreme frisby team, haha!

If anyone does go there, go and check out the river ferries, that was a great, relaxing way to spend a summer's afternoon!

And oaft, the Clifton Suspension bridge is impressive. They have Samaritans' helpline phoneboxes at either end incase there are any potential jumpers heading onto it too!

#27 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Nov 28 2006, 05:02 PM) View Post

Speaking of which Switch

Ahhaha, that made me giggle!

Good luck all for your offers. You are all bright anyway I think so you'll all get good offers.
Good luck also on making the decisions. Thats the part I hated sad.gif

#28 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

Biomedical Science at Aberdeen - Unconditional biggrin.gif

Edit: Also, an interview for accredited biomedical science at glasgow caledonian on TUESDAY! (Just needed a course to fill up the ucas form)

#29 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

Congrats.

Aberdeen replied to me too. Unconditional for biology. If I get BBB they want to put me in second year but I don't want to do that. Even if it would be so lovely and cheap.

Money is evil.
Thans for your thought on Bristol. To be honest I only looked at the website becuase it was about the furthest away I could get while staying in the country. And then the course looked good and what people say is good. I think I'm visiting Febuary.

Edit: How long after you get all your offers do you have to choose one?

#30 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Nov 30 2006, 09:53 PM) View Post

Congrats.

Aberdeen replied to me too. Unconditional for biology. If I get BBB they want to put me in second year but I don't want to do that. Even if it would be so lovely and cheap.

Money is evil.
Thans for your thought on Bristol. To be honest I only looked at the website becuase it was about the furthest away I could get while staying in the country. And then the course looked good and what people say is good. I think I'm visiting Febuary.

Edit: How long after you get all your offers do you have to choose one?

March I think.

I personaly wouldn't go straight to 2nd year. It's cheaper...Miss out on all the fun and settling in during first year...

#31 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:06 PM

Ooohhh, come to Aberdeen biggrin.gif

I promise you will like it!

#32 BuckminsterFullerene

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:18 PM

Just got two conditional offers from Edinburgh - (BBB Masters in Chemistry)
(BBBB Chemical Engineering)

Chemical Engineering - Edinburgh

Conditional

#33 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(BuckminsterFullerene @ Dec 1 2006, 10:18 PM) View Post

Just got two conditional offers from Edinburgh - (BBB Masters in Chemistry)
(BBBB Chemical Engineering)

Sorry to derail this topic, but you have the most original name ever... tongue.gif

#34 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:35 PM

Conditional of BBB for Strathy business school biggrin.gif

#35 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(John @ Nov 26 2006, 11:26 PM) View Post

Yeah i dropped out of computer science at strathclyde lol

applyin to glasgow, edinburgh, st andrews, strathclyde, herriot-watt and dundee

all for maths and physics, physics is the main thing though.

there's only one uni to go to if you're gonna be studying physics......

you going to any of the UCAS lunch/dinner thingys? i'm helping out at a few of them, so might see ya there!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#36 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Dec 2 2006, 08:06 PM) View Post

you going to any of the UCAS lunch/dinner thingys? i'm helping out at a few of them, so might see ya there!

I've decided not to go to Strathclyde now, as i want wiggle room in first and second year of being able to change my course lol

So nope you won't see me there lol

#37 paddyb67

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:32 PM

edinburgh - mathematical physics unconditional
glasgow - physics unconditional
UCL - physics ABB

#38 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(John @ Dec 2 2006, 08:54 PM) View Post

I've decided not to go to Strathclyde now, as i want wiggle room in first and second year of being able to change my course lol

Aberdeen, Glasgow and St Andrews (possibly edinburgh) do very broad based first and second years allowing you to change quite easily (provided you choose subjects carefully). For example in my first year at st andrews i did computer science, french and mathematics. This gave me the choice of about 12 different degrees at the end of first year, and believe me, the choice and options to change proved invaluable!

#39 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(st-and Paul @ Dec 3 2006, 09:35 PM) View Post

Aberdeen, Glasgow and St Andrews (possibly edinburgh) do very broad based first and second years allowing you to change quite easily (provided you choose subjects carefully). For example in my first year at st andrews i did computer science, french and mathematics. This gave me the choice of about 12 different degrees at the end of first year, and believe me, the choice and options to change proved invaluable!

Yeah, not really interested in going to Aberdeen, don't know why lol

St Andrews turns out i wont get in anyway lol

And everything i'm applying for except Strathclyde all have broad based first and second years

#40 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(John @ Dec 3 2006, 10:04 PM) View Post

QUOTE(st-and Paul @ Dec 3 2006, 09:35 PM) View Post

Yeah, not really interested in going to Aberdeen, don't know why lol

St Andrews turns out i wont get in anyway lol

And everything i'm applying for except Strathclyde all have broad based first and second years

why wont u get into st andrews?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users