Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Glasgow Uni offers - HSN forum

Glasgow Uni offers

15 replies to this topic

#1 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:16 PM

Anyone else get any offers today?

UNCONDITIONAL BABY!!!

For biomedical science biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#2 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:45 PM

Haha that's my course! I'm in Level 2. First two years are much the same for every biology course (but in level 2 you choose your own modules smile.gif )
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#3 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Nov 22 2006, 05:45 PM) View Post

Haha that's my course! I'm in Level 2. First two years are much the same for every biology course (but in level 2 you choose your own modules smile.gif )

Amazin! How are you finding the course? How interesting is it?

#4 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:39 PM

Chemistry level one is amazing. I love curly arrows. That is all smile.gif

#5 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:01 PM

I got a zoology one. They are really fast for replying, aren't they.
I don't really want to go though. Glasgow looks like a really nice university, except the biology they do seems so human and cell orientated. It's not my favourite part of biology.

Edit: The offers thread in course choices is locked. Should someone open it/make a new one since it's that time of year again. I need somewhere to rant about Bristol conditional. And I've fell out with TheStudentRoom, everyone seems to get their kicks from being horrible there.

#6 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Nov 22 2006, 08:01 PM) View Post

They are really fast for replying, aren't they

I hope they are. I applied for the same course twice at Glasgow (BSc Computer Science, MSci Computer Science), and since I'm applying in fifth year, I am slightly edgy about the application process (mainly, getting rejected/not getting the required results) tongue.gif My application only got sent last week or the week before anyway, so I'm not actually expecting any offers back until late December, possibly even January.

#7 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(will_789 @ Nov 22 2006, 04:16 PM) View Post

UNCONDITIONAL BABY!!!

I also have an unconditional for Biomed Science, but its my backup choice!
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#8 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Nov 22 2006, 10:22 PM) View Post

UNCONDITIONAL BABY!!!

Yeah i dont particularly wanna go to glasgow!
Either dundee or aberdeen!
You applying for medicine allana?

#9 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:28 PM

Meant to say in my original post, but hey

Congrats on your offer to Scotland's best university (IMO at least!!)

#10 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:20 PM

The course is quite good. Biology is the same for everyone in first year. First semester is mainly cells and plants and evolution while second semester is more animals and humans. I like second year much more. If you do only Biology then you choose 6 modules in semester 1 (from 13) and 6 in semester 2 (from 16). Basically you do more of what you enjoy. It lets you keep your degree choice open until the end of second year which is especially good for me since I can't decide between Anatomy, Biochemistry or Biomed!

QUOTE(Nathan @ Nov 22 2006, 07:39 PM) View Post

Aww bless wee Bob and his Jesus sandals.

#11 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Nov 23 2006, 06:20 PM) View Post

The course is quite good. Biology is the same for everyone in first year. First semester is mainly cells and plants and evolution while second semester is more animals and humans. I like second year much more. If you do only Biology then you choose 6 modules in semester 1 (from 13) and 6 in semester 2 (from 16). Basically you do more of what you enjoy. It lets you keep your degree choice open until the end of second year which is especially good for me since I can't decide between Anatomy, Biochemistry or Biomed!

Did you do advanced higher biology? If so, how beneficial did you find it in your first year?

#12 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(will_789 @ Nov 22 2006, 10:53 PM) View Post

UNCONDITIONAL BABY!!!

Yeah i've applied for medicine, what would be your first choice?
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#13 will_789

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Nov 23 2006, 07:03 PM) View Post

QUOTE(will_789 @ Nov 22 2006, 10:53 PM) View Post

UNCONDITIONAL BABY!!!

Yeah i've applied for medicine, what would be your first choice?

Im a non med applicant. So 1st choice is either biomed at dundee or aberdeen. At aberdeen I can jump right into 1st year medicine if i kick ass biggrin.gif

#14 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(will_789 @ Nov 23 2006, 06:46 PM) View Post

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Nov 23 2006, 06:20 PM) View Post

Did you do advanced higher biology? If so, how beneficial did you find it in your first year?

I didn't do AH Bio but I've met quite a few people at uni who did do it and I think it helped them in the first semester especially. Most AHs at least give you a basic understanding of the 1st year uni stuff and gives you a bit of a head start as you're not starting off clueless(that's what happened with me and AH Chem anyway). I think uni Biology has a bit more anatomy/physiology than AH does... according to my old school teachers!

#15 Luser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:28 PM

UC offer for Psychology (BSc) 2007!

... My fourth choice though.

#16 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:59 PM

Conditional - One B at higher for Geography, Business and Management

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users