Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Need help on dropping a subject - HSN forum

Need help on dropping a subject

3 replies to this topic

#1 rs89

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:51 PM

Let me just start by saying ive chopped and changed quite a few subjects already. Decided to drop PE, took up Psychology, then found out that it was too demanding for only a few periods a week and also it was affecting other classwork: so i dropped that too. Then took up Advanced Higher Applied Maths. But it took a while to get into the section of the thing and seeing as i was about 2 months into the year i missed quite a bit. Now we've got a NAB on the first unit coming up and i dont know a thing about it because ive only been to 3 classes so far blink.gif (we only have one class a week after school) Other subjects i take are Advanced Maths, Higher English and Higher Business Management.

But because ive asked to drop a few subjects and change levels aswell, im not sure the head guidance guy would be too pleased to let me drop another one. And seeing as i technically only have 3 subjects during the normal timetable (were only allowed 4 minimum - but because i take Applied Maths it makes up four columns)

Also seeing as were nearing mid November the head guidance person says that if you want to drop a subject then you can but you have to sit in that class and study while the lesson is going on. But because im doing Applied Maths which is basically after school then every other period im in that column number is just a free period. So basically if i study during my class time, im basically still on a free period.

Do you think it would mind or would he make me go and study after school or whenever the class seems to be?

Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing and a bit long but if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

#2 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:31 PM

If you drop it, they can not force you to keep going to the class time AFTER school.

So you are in the clear.

#3 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:54 AM

He wouldn't make you go after school, surely not. He may, or you may, suggest that you have a free period at some point during the school day which you could use for studying and show him your progress.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#4 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

Just drop it. When it gets to sixth year, most teachers are pretty decent when it comes to dealing with you.

What's the other option? Fail the NAB twice and then you've basically dropped it anyway. laugh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users