Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How many subjects are you studying? - HSN forum

How many subjects are you studying?

53 replies to this topic

#1 Abyssinia

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:55 AM

I'm just interested to know what the general concensus is regarding how many subjects most people take in sixth year.

I'm studying 2 Advanced Highers and a crash Higher.

#2 ad absurdum

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Interests:Muzak.

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:29 PM

I'm taking 4 and a bit AHs, but I'm wanting to go to university in England where advanced highers are needed. If I was going to uni in Scotland I wouldn't be doing as much work this year.
HMFC - Founded 1874, beefing the Cabbage since 1875

#3 loved-up-loon

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Well I like a WIDE variety of things! haha i sound like a freak!<br />Anyways, I LOVE!!! music! ooh sooo much!!<br />haha i also like shopping and ehhm, drama and talking and swimmin(woo look at me aint i fit (not)) and ehhh thats all folks! haha! man i laugh alot! and i can talk for scotland! dont put iot past me i rambol on a lot!!

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:41 PM

One Advanced Higher, 4 Highers. is a lot a lot of work!
Grrrrrr!!

#4 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:43 PM

3 Highers and performance PE (Games and no work tongue.gif)

I'm a skiver.

#5 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:01 PM

Last year i did an Advanved Higher and two Highers.

Wanted to do two Advanced Highers and two Highers though sad.gif

I started off with 3 Highers though, dropped out of Product Design as it was mind numbingly boring.

#6 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:25 PM

3 AHs and a higher.
I might drop the higher but then I'd feel guilty, and anyway, my wonderful frees, spent in the library, are so much fun I couldn't take any more.

#7 Reverie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music! And I love English. <br /><br />This year I'm doing AH English, AH French and AH Biology. <br /><br />Boring academic stuff = Standard Grades - eight 1s (Biology, English, French, German, History, Maths, Music and Physics)<br />Highers - AABB (English and French, Biology and Maths respectively)<br />Advanced Higher in Music - A (year early)

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:50 PM

I'm doing three-and-a-bit AHs and a Higher.

#8 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:30 PM

See by the time you get to uni, its quite funny... no-one gives a damn about how many highers or advanced highers you've done or what your grades have been. wink.gif
It is completely and utterly irrelevant.

#9 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Nov 30 2006, 06:30 PM) View Post

See by the time you get to uni, its quite funny... no-one gives a damn about how many highers or advanced highers you've done or what your grades have been. wink.gif
It is completely and utterly irrelevant.

True. I have no idea what my friends at uni got for their highers and I've not old anyone what I got.

Just a shame you need the grades to actually get to uni! And the knowledge does come in handy too tongue.gif
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#10 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:55 PM

In the time i spent at uni, all i knew was they either did Computing and Maths and some point, or transferred from another degree lol.

Only know that because i did Mathematics and Computer Science.

#11 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

I'm doing an AH and 2 Highers (1 being a crash)..could be worse, at one stage i nearly signed up for 2 AH's and 3 Highers!! ohmy.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#12 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(maria @ Jan 9 2007, 08:08 PM) View Post
I'm doing an AH and 2 Highers (1 being a crash)..could be worse, at one stage i nearly signed up for 2 AH's and 3 Highers!! ohmy.gif

I originally signed up for 3 Highers and 2 Advanced Highers lol

I was glad they mad an error with Higher English lol

#13 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:17 PM

I'm doing 2 AH's and 3 Highers - one is a crash... I think one of the AHs may have to go!

#14 william

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:mainly girls, food, football, fishing and the odd sheep ( i live on a farm)

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

i hope to do AH physics AH chem crash higher biology and possibly AH music but i don't know what it's like.
"millis times ten to the power of minus 3 yeah?"

#15 Plug in Baby

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Floorball, Football, Music, Drawing, Technology

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:32 PM

I just handed in my choices sheet for next year and chose:

Higher Business Management (crash)
Higher English
Higher Graphics (crash)
Higher Maths

I would have taken AH Geography and Computing but they aren't done!! >:|
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

#16 hyphon12

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Computer Tech., Motorsport, Mechanics/Engineering, Gaming(mainly racing, strategy and FPS) and the random everyday things lol.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:43 PM

Higher Maths
Higher Chemistry
Higher Physics
AH Computing!
hyphon12 - The Original slash - K166FSH

#17 Yan

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:I'm not a very interesting person I must say...<br /><br />Interests... interests... are...<br /><br />Anime, Music, Manga, Coffee, Sleep, Food [haha], and uhm Vampires.<br /><br />I'm not actually crazy, although others will obviously beg to differ.

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

Have fun with physics hyphon!!

I put in my course sheet to do:
AH German
AH Maths
AH Modern Studies

but changed German to higher philosophy when i messed up my german speaking tongue.gif

"Do not be frightened of death; it is life that causes pain"

#18 Chas

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:MSN,Music,TV

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:44 PM

I'm doing AH Biology, Higher History and Higher Chemistry next year.

#19 maximus

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:06 AM

I'll be doin Adv Maths, Adv Chemistry n Adv French. Should be fun laugh.gif

#20 sincerelykatie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

Hmm me thinks i'll do 2 AH in chem and maths,higher physics n a crash in biology but i dont mind dropping blodge blink.gif . . . fun-o!! lolz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users